1.1

a high pitched sound could be heard from the kitchen, steam could be seen coming out of a kettle's spout, and the clattering of the lid could be heard tinkering.

calmly, a boy elegantly wore a pot-holder and held the kettle, tilting it to the side to pour out the hot water to the three mugs on the kitchen.

one contained powdered tea. and the two others were just plain black coffee and hot chocolate.

the boy with blond hair didn't have his mask on- since he was after all inside their shared home.

three people were currently living in it.

a twelve year old blond with scars, another twelve year old with (h/c) hair, and a ravenette who was currently eleven and a half.

oh, and a six year old lizard who has anger issues.

so there were actually four living beings inside the shared place.

how were they able to afford and even be able to live in an apartment without any guardians when they're just kids though.. well, first off, haruchiyo stole his brother's loaded credit card, y/n convinced shinichiro to let them live together, but they had a contract that the oldest sano will be visiting every day, and kazutora has officially run away from his toxic household.

at first, he was just telling excuses to his parents that he has a sleepover with a friend. which continued on for days, weeks and months to the point his parents won't notice his presence anymore inside their house. well not like his parents were at home most of the time anyway.

kazutora was able to meet shinichiro during the time he was living with them, and even got along with him to the point they would call each other close friends.

also, just a few months ago, when the young boy had his eleventh birthday, he met baji who saved him from his toxic 'friends' who were only using him.

why didn't kazutora drop his friends though when y/n mentioned they were just using him as their own wallet? well, the boy thought he wasn't friends with the girl and haruchiyo causing him to not cut ties with junpeke and the others. though they just asked kazutora to live with them, that doesn't really mean they're friends. well, in his mind atleast. he just thought they took pity on him, which was true on haruchiyo's side.

well, in the evening of his birthday was the moment kazutora met shinichiro. he was shy at first, but when he saw the eldest sano patting haruchiyo and y/n's head, he was jealous and started to warm up to him.

when baji saw haruchiyo, they both diverted eye contact from each other and was about to leave the room if it weren't for y/n grabbing their arms.

she still doesn't know what happened to them and about haruchiyo's scars, but she will wait since the scarred boy promised he'll tell her when he's comfortable with it.

well anyways kazutora's eleventh birthday went like this,

he was blindfolded, holding the wood of a broom in his hands, tightly clenching it while a bead of sweat started to run down his face.

"smack the piñata, kazutora!!" baji screamed with a large grin, next to him, shinichiro chuckled with y/n who was smiling.

haruchiyo was at the back, silent as ever while watching the scene. he was wearing a mask since there were visitors.

"uhm.." the birthday boy nervously stood his ground, he was walking around trying to feel the presence of that said piñata.

"you're getting closer.. closer.. and smack-"