The Letter

Summary: Logan finds a letter that could change Patton's life for good, and that all becomes a lot of stress when his excitable younger brother learns about Patton and absolutely falls in love with the little guy.

Also in this book Roman is bisexual but in a straight relationship since that is still valid and needs more representation :)

TW - The first part surrounds child abandonment and there's insecurity about being a parent throughout. Parental insecurity is a common TW throughout this book too.

"'ogan, 'ogan – F'oggie want breakfast!" Patton was waiting at the bottom of the stairs for Logan to come down. It was Logan's day off so he slept in while Virgil took care of the toddler's morning until now.

Logan yawned as he was still half asleep and walked past the toddler to spot his husband stuffing cereal into his mouth. The therapist was dressed more formally than usual in a button-up and jeans – he looked so damn adorable right now. "Well don't you look beautiful." The man mumbled, trapping his lover in his embrace and glancing down at him with absolute love. "Why are you all dressed up?"

The gaze Virgil gave his husband was the look Logan married him for – large black eyes and cheeks stuffed with cornflakes. Too perfect not to kiss. But before lips met Virgil spoke.

"Do you have work today L?"

Logan shook his head, kissing his husband's forehead and still holding him. Virgil looked relieved at that and placed the cereal box he was eating out of on the counter before wrapping his arms around his lover's neck.

"Want to do anything before you go?" He asked innocently, tugging at Virgil's shirt. Virgil tilted his head as if confused but that just made him look even cuter. Logan thanked the world everyday that he got to marry such an amazing man. "Make you feel a little more relaxed before you go wherever you're going..."

Unfortunately the only attention Logan got was a peck on the lips and a whisper back. "He's watching." Beside the couple their toddler was gazing up at them with a wide smile and his teddy at his chest. It felt like the little boy was attached to Virgil's hip, unfortunate for Logan's love of touch. Another kiss landed on Logan's cheek as he tried to give Patton a smile. "I have a training meeting today, I'll be back in the early evening." He said as he started untangling himself from the embrace he was in. Virgil then faced Patton with a soft smile. "You'll take care of Logan won't you?"

The toddler gave a large nod that made Virgil cutely chuckle and kiss Logan goodbye before leaving. After Virgil left, Patton demanded breakfast again so Logan carried him to sit on the counter and asked him what he'd like. This life was still alien to him as he was carving cat faces into jelly sandwiches but it was getting slightly easier to grasp by the day. The only problem was that this toddler under his care already seemed quite attached to his husband... And it would be fair to say that attachment was beginning to be reciprocated. Virgil was too soft. But reunification was the answer to the current predicament he was in and a deviation of that wasn't in the cards and would never be. Logan wasn't built to be an actual parent.

"There's a knock-knock 'ogan!" Patton shouted, trying to scramble off the counter and get to the front door as a knock came from the door. The toddler was irrationally excitable at that sort of sound like a puppy would be. The toddler was carried off the counter and given a plate of sandwiches to distract him while Logan answered the door.

Nobody was at the door though, the driveway was completely empty as if a phantom was the one to make the noise. "Hello? Anyone there?" He echoed, stepping forward slightly before he heard a crumple of his foot landing on something. He looked down and saw a simple letter with a decent sized box. That was weird – the postman wouldn't disappear after delivering the mail even on busy days.