Two Big Brothers

Summary: A few big brothers aren't the best but Logan and Remus definitely aren't. Logan and Remus will do anything for their siblings.

TW - Mention of toxic romantic relationships/domestic abuse. This will unfortunately be mentioned whenever the character of Remus' sister comes up but it's never shown - just talked about from an outsider perspective :)

On a good news though I've almost finished pre-writing the entire book!

When Virgil returned from his day in the city he expected to see Logan working with Patton by his side watching TV. He didn't expect to hear a booming voice as soon as he arrived home, recognising Roman's voice immediately and hearing two little giggles by the two brothers' feet. "Hey Emo!" Roman shouted as soon as he heard the door open. "How was your day away?"

"Tiring." Virgil said simply as he placed his bag down on a nearby chair, smiling as soon as he saw Patton and his new cousin Thomas play together happily. It felt sweet watching a friendship bloom between the two of them. The whole day had been quite different from previous events Virgil attended before. Even small talk – usually small talk surrounded what family each person had at home and it felt nice for Virgil to finally say he had a son and husband rather than making up a lie about being in touch with his family or pretending he was recently married. Having no kids seemed acceptable when Virgil had only just found his soulmate and gotten married in his late twenties. Now he was reaching his late thirties it was expected he had a family at home that was bigger than just his husband.

Patton's eyes glowed as soon as he realised who walked into the living room and he was attacked with toddler hugs. "Vir-gill! Play with us!"

*****

After some time, with his husband and brother-in-law joking with each other after dinner, Virgil was taking the small toddler in their care to bed. Patton was utterly exhausted after playing all afternoon with his new cousin (Thomas had already been taken home by his mother when he started feeling a little sleepy). It was adorable watching Patton play with someone his age and talk about all his toys and games he likes to play with someone who could understand his point of view. They seemed to get on well.

"You need to let go of me before F'oggie falls kiddo." Virgil whispered, watching Patton's fists slowly separate from Virgil's shirt and clutch onto his frog teddy. It was getting more difficult for Virgil to safely hold the toddler the more teddies he collected but he shouldn't question it. The cat teddy was probably a hand me down Roman gave him as a welcome present. "Do you like your new cat teddy?" Virgil chirped, stroking Patton's golden hair as his eyes watched his teddies half-lidded.

"I miss Mommy..."

Why did he say that? There was no training session he attended to become a foster carer that gave a tutorial to how to respond to this statement. It was too late to call Emile especially as he was in the situation himself right now – this wasn't like the 3am panics Virgil usually had about everything. "Why?" Virgil eventually managed to chuck the question out. Patton turned to him and kept the cat teddy to his lips.

"She gave me Ka-Ka for my birthday!" He said proudly, waving one of the cat teddy's paws. Patton might be the cutest toddler out there when he was in a happy sleepy mood.

Virgil should ask his husband about how Patton got a hold of 'Ka-Ka' when as it definitely wasn't in any of the belongings he was abandoned with. He didn't want to stress the toddler with questions like that so just stroked Patton's head and turned on the nightlight. It was likely Ka-Ka was given by Emile if the police found something – Virgil wasn't informed very much on the police investigation. "Night kiddo."

"Why was 'ogan ang'y today?" Patton chirped again, his eyes beginning to close even though he was desperately trying to keep them open. Virgil paused in place and watched the toddler for a while but luckily he seemed to give clarification. "He was ang'y when I got Ka-Ka..."