The Uncles

Summary: Today is finally the day that Patton would be adopted by Logan and Virgil. And it's good that he did - as now he has two uncles that adore him so much.

"It's OK Patton, just take big deep breaths."

Virgil had never seen Patton so nervous before in his little life before he knew him, but now he looked almost petrified as he sat with the Sanders couple in a big empty courtroom just before the court case was started for his adoption. His legal transfer from one family to another, although he'd never forget the amazing young woman that brought him into this world.

"You want to get adopted by us buddy?" Logan inquired, trying to distract the toddler from his worries by a puzzle which was only semi-working. It wasn't a surprise Patton was getting adopted of course, at first he knew and it was agreed upon that Patton would be fostered for a long-term basis but soon it was decided that it would be easier in Patton's life for him to be fully adopted and after a few of Emile's therapy sessions he seemed to understand that and be alright with that. It was possible the little boy just felt a bit overwhelmed in such an adult environment and everything the Sanders family had been preparing for the last six months was becoming a reality.

"Can I still play with Mom?" Patton held Ka-Ka to his lips and looked at Logan with the cutest little blue, glowing eyes that made Logan want to hug the toddler and never let go. He deserved anything and everything he wanted in his life. Both Virgil and Logan nodded and reiterated as they had several times before that Patton's family was not condensing, but rather expanding. And every single time Patton was reminded of that he smiled. "OK – I want to be adopted then."

It was already obvious that Patton had grown up so much already with Logan and Virgil, it would be visibly painful if they had to say goodbye and never see Patton again. He was almost four years old and had already gone through what seemed like a lifetime of difficulty.

Fortunately, this court case was not going to be completed alone which was evidenced by the slam coming from the courtroom doors followed by a shriek from the family man Logan would owe settling in this entire life to. "Aww is he using the Toy Story puzzle?"

Of course Roman was absolutely ecstatic for this moment – now he could bond with his older brother over parenting things like school runs, weird moms, and temper tantrums. And he had a new kid in the family to dote over as if he was his own, and that was already evident by all the presents Patton had already got. When Logan first revealed his plan to adopt Patton, the day after the birthday party so Roman wouldn't go hyper and ruin the mood of the party by telling Patton some shocking news, the new father was pretty sure he couldn't breathe for a few hours due to the number of hugs he got.

"Oh really? Well Tom didn't tell me anything about that!" Patton was excitedly telling his soon-to-be-uncle about the secrets his soon-to-be-cousin was sharing on the family sleepover a few days before (where Virgil and Logan tried and surprisingly succeeded taking care of two hyper toddlers overnight). Roman was leaning down opposite and chatting to him like the amazing little human he was, fiddling with the tightness of the tie as even though the man had reached the grand old age of thirty, he still didn't like any kind of formal outfit thrust upon him. Logan and Virgil were used to wearing suits due to their work, and Logan had finally managed to find a little light blue suit small enough for Patton. He was absolutely overjoyed when he first saw his ''ogan outfit' – and Logan knew he would do anything to watch that joy all over again.

But Logan couldn't distract himself with thoughts of Patton's happy face forever though, as he felt Virgil quickly grab his hand and squeeze it. Virgil was very good at controlling his nerves most of the time even though he was a very anxious person, but in times of high stress like this sometimes emotions overtook him. And Virgil really wanted to finally be a father with the man he loved. "I think the judge is arriving in a few minutes Ro..." Virgil mumbled, trying to keep his voice steady but failing. He wasn't heard at first but once Logan repeated the happy father sighed and took his seat, letting Virgil take a deep breath and place his head on his husband's shoulder. "I adore you Lo."