20

"What do you want?" asked Caitlin, opening the door

"To talk"

"I dont think that we have anything to talk about", said Caitlin closing the door

"You might not have anything to say, but I do" said Barry, holding the door open 

"Please go away"

"No, not unless you let me say what I need to. Now are you going to let me in, or do you want me to kick the door down? You know I can"

Caitlin sighed and let Barry in

"What do you want?"

"Why aren't you answering my calls or texts?"

"Because there is nothing left to say"

"You might not have, but I do"

"What do you want to say?" Caitlin sighed 

"I thought we bonded during our time together, held captive"

"Why? What made you think that?"

"Caitlin, why are you being like this?"

"Like what?"

"Like you are a stranger to me"

"But that's what we are. We have no relationship"

"I love you. Isn't that enough?" screamed Barry 

"No, you don't"

"Don't tell me how to feel. I do"

No, you don't. Because if you love someone, you don't tell them that you love them, whilst having a girlfriend"

"A girlfriend? Who?" asked Barry, scrunching up his face

"Don't play dumb with me. I came to visit you, in your ward, and there I met her. So don't lie to me anymore"

"I don't know what you are talking about. I don't have a girlfriend"

"Really? Then please enlighten me. Who was she?"

"Describe her to me please"

"No. Because I don't know what or who to believe anymore"

"I'm telling you that I don't have a girlfriend. Why don't you believe me?"

"Because I have been let down by men to many times to believe them. Please just go"

"No. Not until you let me say what I have to say. You asked me once why I loved you? Well I love you because you're you. Even after everything that has happened to you, you still stand up for what you believe in. I see the girl that you are deep down, she's still in there. She just needs help coming out. I love you because I got to know you when you came to visit us, I've seen the real you. I love that girl"

"I'm not her anymore. I don't know if I ever will be"

"Yes, you are. She's still there deep down. She just needs help coming out"

"And you want to help me?"

"Yes"

"You can't. No one can help me"

"But I can. And I will. We'll find her together"

"Stop saying that. I'm broken Barry. Do you know that? Sometimes I feel that I'm broken inside, and no matter how hard I try, I can't fix myself. I just feel like I'm papering over the cracks, and that I will never be fixed"

Barry gripped her hand gently 

"Let me try. Let me help fix you"

"No you can't. No one can fix me. I'm broken beyond repair"

"Don't say that. Don't let Ronnie win"

"I'm tired of fighting Barry. Tired of pretending to be strong. I'm broken. He broke me twice"

"Let me help"

"What? Do you mean that your going to be there, holding my hand, and everything will be okay?" asked Caitlin sarcastically 

Barry sighed, "I know that your scared and this is your way of coping, by using sarcasm but you can't push me away, no matter what. So just accept it. I'm going to be here, no matter what"

"Go sort out your own life first. I'm not going to be the other women. That's disgusting. So go figure out what you want"

"I can't believe that your still asking me this. Haven't I made myself clear?"

"Well I don't care. Go sort out your girlfriend. I can't have her coming for me, blaming me for the break up of your relationship"

"But it's over"

"Does she know that?"

Caitlin was sitting, trying to get lost in a book. She used to love reading, but now it was another thing that she couldn't do anymore. She didn't enjoy it anymore. It was just another thing that had been ruined for her

"Caitlin"

"Yes mum?"

"I just saw Barry leaving. He looked upset"

"And?"

"How much more are you going to push him away? Hasn't he proved that he loves you?"

"Their just words mum. If he really loved me, he wouldn't string me or his girlfriend along"

"Girlfriend?"

"Yes mum. He didn't mention her at all. He was just happy to string us along.I only know about her because I met her at the hospital"

"What did he say?"

"What could he say? He's been caught out. He said that they have broken up"

"Maybe they have"

"It doesn't matter mum.I've been hurt and let down by guys in my life. I don't think I can trust anyone again"

"Barry seems real my darling"

"I don't care. I've got you and dad. That's all that matters to me. And anyway, even if I let Barry in, how long would it be before he gets fed up of me and leaves? I don't think that I could take him leaving, if I let him in and fell in love with him. So it's best I push him away. That way I can't get hurt again"

Duff duff duff. As always, feedback appreciated