21

"Stop coming here Barry. I told you to leave me alone"

"Is that what you really want?"

"Barry, I don't have time for this. I have to go see my therapist"

"How's that going? Do you ever talk about me?"

"You? Why would I talk about you?"

"Because I was held captive with you. We've been through something traumatic together"

"Barry, please leave. No we don't talk about you. You know in a way, I admire you. You managed to bounce back from the kidnapping, like nothing happened. But I can't. This is the second time it's happened to me. I was just about recovering from the first time when it happened again"

"Can I drop you off?"

"No. I don't think your girlfriend would like that"

"I've told you a million times that I don't have one. So stop using this excuse to push me away"

"Barry, I've told you before I'm broken. I can't give you what you need or want. So stop wasting your time. I'm sure that you can find a million normal girls"

"What's so great about normal?"

Caitlin screamed and stormed off

"So how is everything?"

"Well apart from Barry and his declarations of love, everything is getting there"

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay. Better then before"

"And Barry?"

"I don't know what to do. I do want to let him in, but I've been hurt twice by men. So how do I let him in?"

"Well it's up to you. But Barry seems really good and interested in you. You have to take a chance on someone and let them in. Like your parents said, otherwise you'll end up alone forever"

"I'll try"

Caitlin walked around afterwards in the fresh air, to clear her head. She didn't know what to do. Barry had just breezed into her life, like a hurricane and turned it upside down. Was she going to take a chance on a man again? Could she let him in?

"Mum"

"What's the matter?"

Caitlin lay in her mothers lap

"Do I take a chance on him? Everyone says I should"

"Darling, it's up to you. Your choice. Im not going to force you. After what you have been through, nobody can force you. But remember not all men are bad. I mean look at your dad. He'd do anything for you. Barry seems smitten with you. That's all I'm saying"

"But is being smitten with me, enough? Can he handle my dark world? Can I trust him enough? What if he gets fed up of me and leaves me?"

"These are valid points. I had the same when I met your dad.  But I took a chance on him, and have never regretted anything at all"

Caitlin sprung up from her mothers lap, and ran out

Caitlin knocked on the door and waited for him to open it

"We need to talk"

Barry led Caitlin in 

"No girlfriend?"

"I've told you, I don't have a girlfriend"

"So who was that in the hospital?"

"Maybe my crazy ex girlfriend. She hasn't accepted the fact that we're over"

"How can she be here, if you have split up?"

"You obviously don't know iris very well. You shouldn't put anything past her"

"I'd rather not if you don't mind. She sounds crazy"

"Don't I know it"

"I want you to train me"

"What?"

I thought about it. I'll be hopefully more confident and hopefully I can move forward, after going stronger. It's the only way that maybe one day, you can have what you want"

"Of course I can train you. But not for my own gain. I just want you to become the girl that you used to be. Who is buried deep down below. I just want you to be you again"

Caitlin kissed Barry on the cheek, "thank you. Despite everything, your still a true and good friend to me"

"You know what friendship is the start of?"

"Don't push it" said Caitlin, leaving 

Duff duff duff. What's going to happen during training? As alway, feedback appreciated