26

Caitlin breathed a sigh of relief as the plane landed. She was home. Back home, after she had disappeared and went to a resort that specialised in helping people like her. It had taken her a while, but she had regrouped and was now feeling much better. She knew that she had a lot of making up to do with people that she knew and loved. First stop her parents. She had just disappeared and had told them nothing. She had left a little note saying that she was going to get help and not to look for her and that this was something that she had to do, and it would help her move forward in life

Caitlin went home, and entered the house

"I'm home"

Caitlin ran up to her parents and hugged them both

"Where did you go?"

"I'm sorry that I didn't say anything. I thought that I was alright, but I wasn't. I just had to get away by myself. But I'm alright now. It took me a while, but I think that I'm finally going to be alright"

"So now what are you going to do?"

"Right now I have to be somewhere. I'll be back soon"

Caitlin ran to Barry's house, and knocked on the door

"Come on Barry, open up"

The door was opened by his girlfriend 

"Barry and me are kind of busy. What do you want?"

"Nothing. I was wondering if he was okay, because I haven't seen him in ages"

"He's fine. I'm taking very good care of him"

Caitlin walked down the street, lost in thoughts. Barry's girlfriend was so rude. What did he see in her? Still, it was his choice. Why should it matter to her?

"Caitlin, is that you?"

Caitlin stopped walking and just froze. Barry ran up to her, and enveloped her in a hug

"Oh my goodness. It is you. Where have you been?"

Caitlin took a step back 

"I've been away Barry, working on myself. Maybe you should tell your girlfriend to do the same. Barry, what do you see in her? She's exactly the opposite of the Barry that I knew wanted in a girlfriend. But what do I know about you? I thought that you were my friend, but your girlfriend made it clear that you don't want to be friends anymore. Well fine then Barry. Have a nice life"

Caitlin turned to go, but Barry grabbed her

"Woah, woah, woah. Calm down, you've got everything wrong. She's not my girlfriend. We've broken up. Are you telling me that she's in my house?"

Caitlin nodded. Barry took her hand, and together they ran to his house. Barry quickly opened the door. There she was, sitting on a chair in her lingerie 

"What are you doing here? I thought that I told you we are no longer together. Please go"

"Barry, we are together. I know that you were just angry at me and said that. We can work through it. Just get rid of her. She keeps interfering in our relationship and trying to steal you from me"

Barry held up his hands 

"Have you listened to yourself? We are over because I don't want to be with you anymore. Not because of what she said. And she has never said or done anything to interfere in our relationship. This is my choice"

"Your making a mistake"

"Maybe, but I know what I want, and it's not you"

"Oh I've known that for a while now. You want her, not me"

Barry held out his hand

"I don't know what I was thinking, but can I have my key back?"

"Wow Barry. You sure know how to pick them", said Caitlin as the door slammed 

"Maybe I'm just trying to fill the void, until I get what my heart wants"

"Barry, I've told you that I'm no good for you. You'll be better off and happier without me"

"You might have told me that, but tell that to my heart which only wants you"

"How can I explain to you that I'm too damaged? I'll only end up ruining you if we had a relationship"

"No you wouldn't. Your just scared to take a chance on me after what Ronnie did. But I'm not Ronnie. I will treat you the way you deserve to be treated"

"And how is that exactly?"

"Like a princess. I want to help you heal and prove to you that not all men are like him. I want to heal your wounds and scars"

"What of I can't be fixed?"

"There's nothing to fix. You've suffered trauma and need time to heal. I want to help"

"Your impossible. I can't give you what you want. Think about that, before you say anything else"

Duff, duff, duff. As always, feedback appreciated