Chapter Five

Silence...

Just silence...

The pack became silent...

Only the wind whistles, shaking the leaves of the trees...

Emptiness... like no one is here...

Only the blood reminds of the battle...

The battle that will change everything...

The battle that will be remembered for long...

The battle after which innocent souls will die...

The battle for the alpha's place.

A brown she-wolf was sitting by a lake, watching how slowly and calmly little waves touch the shore, and move back.

"This place means too much for me," she whispered, "you think it's all over... but believe me, the end will be only for you."

An enormous white ball was hanging up in the sky, warming up the earth. Grasshoppers chirped in the grass.

"They managed to be saved, the only thing we have to do is wait... And for how long, only the stars know. The fallen will help you... but one main choice you need to do by yourself..." A mute pause hung. "Yes, it will be how the path will tell you."

She knew at what she was coming. And knew that this path was risky.

Softly rearranging her paws, Ivy came into the pack's camp

Softly rearranging her paws, Ivy came into the pack's camp. This place could now not be recognized... In the past, everyone was talking and playing on the glade, most often at noon it was very noisy here. But no one is here. Only the "best" alpha in the light was lying in the grass, enjoying the sun rays. The healer slowly walked up to him.

"As you, the "greatest" alpha, eat as much as you like and enjoy the warm rays of the sun," the she-wolf politely waited until the alpha looked at her. "Your pack is getting hungry, and innocent souls will soon die."

Sol was silent.

"Don't you care about your subordinates?"

"I will create the greatest pack," he remained silent for a while. "They will follow my orders."

"But it's crazy! You can't expose your pack to dying!"

"I'm the alpha! And I know what's best for the pack!" His yellow eyes shot lightning. "You're just a healer and nothing else!"

Ivy became silent. "I don't need to argue with Sol if I want to help my pack," she thought.

The healer met his gaze with no less perservance and courage.

"Silver Fang was a good alpha, I won't let his pack and memories about him fall," she thought about herself.

"If you want to create a great pack, you need healthy hunters."