Chapter Eight

"Where am I?" said Misty. "Why don't I remember how I ended up here?"

"It's not as easy as it seems..." said Luna.

"While there is a chance we must be taken advantage of!" exclaimed Dusty.

"Luna, Dusty!"

"Be careful, little saver," said Luna, "the wind of change is not always visible at once."

"I won't give up!" said Dusty.

"Dusty, wait!" called Misty. "Explain, what is happening?"

"My home... I'll fight to the last... To the last drop of my blood, so for there is some hope... I will bite the enemy's throat if I will need it!"

Dusty's words surprised Misty. She always thought that this little pup is just a quiet, sweet and helpful future huntress, but now... Misty could not control what she was saying. When Dusty asked the next question...

"Are you with me?"

Misty already knew what she was going to answer...

"Yes!"

From that day when the pups came down from the mountains, a few days passed

From that day when the pups came down from the mountains, a few days passed. They learned to survive in this unknown place... alone... Diamond was not with them anymore. At that moment when the travellers needed to come down, Red Foot attacked them from behind. It was unknown how she managed to catch up to them, she probably knew a more shorter path...

Misty does not remember much of the battle, so she imagined it by Flame's words. But what exactly Misty knew - no one won... After the battle Misty completely lost control over herself. The apprentice woke up only when Flame, somehow, came down from the mountain with her.

"How are you, everything's alright?" said Flame.

"Yes," replied Misty.

"If you are ready, we can go."

"Will we hunt on the way?"

"Yeah."

"I think that I smell something!" said Flame.

"Amazing, do you now where...?" asked Misty.

"I don't know..." Flame abruptly broke off her. "It's everywhere!"

"It can't be, it's impossible!"

Misty crouched to the ground and sniffed. What Flame had said was true. The scent of prey was right near and at the same time very far away. Misty was not ready for this hunt...

"Think, Misty, think..."

How could invisible prey be caught? How to find it? Or...

"I have an idea..." said Misty.

"Do you think it will work?" asked Flame.

"Yes, if we can't find the prey by ourselves, let it come up to us. Just scare it and chase it up to here."