The Sorrowful Beginning

It was pitch black. You could hear the heavy rain pounding against the roof. The powerful wind sounded as if it was banging on the windows. I lie there in my bed staring at the ceiling silently. I couldn't fall asleep, it was the complete opposite of quiet in the house. It wasn't just the rain keeping me up, but my parents are arguing downstairs yet again.

"I grow tired of this," I said to myself.

I am Issac Verlice, I am 15 years old with a dysfunctional family. My sister Grace, my Mother Alice, and my disgusting pig of a Father, Andrew. My parents are constantly disagreeing on everything and sometimes I will see Mother walk out of a room with bruises all over her body with Father following her out, but I never questioned anything.

I get up and make my way towards Grace's room. She's fast asleep clinging to her stuffed animal. I let out a sigh and closed her door quietly. I begin walking downstairs. Mom and Dad's yelling is extremely loud. How is Grace sleeping through all this racket? I stop halfway down the stairs and kneel down to listen in.

"How could you do this to our family?" Mother yelled crying.

Dad slaps her across the face and replies, "I've done nothing to ruin this family. It's your god damn fault you can't please me so I went and found a woman who could."

Mom looks down at the floor speechless while Father continues to go on and on about how she's a "horrible" Mother and wife.

He grabs her hair and makes her look at him, "look at me when I'm talking to you, bitch."

Mom stays quiet and has a river of tears streaming down her face, "What happened, Andrew? You weren't always like this."

Father's responseless and starts punching her until she's coughing up blood. I cover my mouth, grinding my teeth as I begin to cry. I can only hear my father take his anger out on mom, It's as if the rain had just stopped. I accidentally let out a yelp and immediately rushed to my room. I wipe my eyes and pretend to be asleep. I hear the door open and someone walks up to my bed. I hold my breath. A few minutes later, the person leaves the room, shutting the door behind them. I sigh in relief. It would be better if dad just disappeared.

"Disappeared.." I said aloud.