The Morning After

Light had blared into my room. The sun had risen and it was a new day, Saturday to be exact. I sit up and look at my hands remembering what had occured last night.

"I'll make the problem disappear mom, I promise."

I get out of bed and head downstairs to the kitchen. I fix myself and Grace a bowl of cereal.

Mom walks in limping, "I was gonna make breakfast, hunny," she says.

"It's alright Mom," I smile.

"Well okay then," she replies with a smile as well.

Mom walks to the living room and sits on the couch. I call Grace down to eat and she comes running down the stairs.

"Good morning, brother!" Grace exclaimed.

"Good morning, hun," Mom says form the living room.

"Hehe, morning Mom!"

I couldn't help but smile at them and began eating.

"This is how it should be," I said under my breath.

Grace and I finish eating so I began washing the dishes. After I was done, I headed up to my room. Before I would arrive at my room, I bump into someone and looked up to see it was the disgrace of a Father himself.

"Move, brat."

"Move? I wasn't the one in the way," I remarked.

"What did you just say?"

"Nothing," I said walking past him to my room.

I close the door and flop onto my bed.

"Stop causing problems for this family Dad, or I'll make you."

A week later, nothing has changed. Dad still beats on Mom, forces her to stay with him, and they continue to argue everyday. I think Grace is starting to understand what is going on. It's starting to really piss me off, but what can I do? What can I do to hep this family? To fix it? I've been asking myself this for a while now and I think I finally have a solution. I have to get rid of the problem that is pulling this family apart, but how? Death has to be the final answer, right? Yes, I'll kill him myself. That pig deserves it.