Notorious

"Eric you, okay?" Emma asked the boy. Eric ran down the slippery hallway to try and catch a girl, but he slipped and fell. Emma extended her hand to help the boy up.

Eric took the girls hand, "Yeah, I'm okay." Emma nodded her head.

"That's great now let's go." Emma spoke as they headed to her car. "I have to go cry for a little bit, I got partnered with Joey for a project."

"One of Harley's minions?" Eric asked her. Emma nodded her head again as she rolled her eyes. "The small one or the big one?"

"Small." Emma responded and with that they went home.

------------------------------

Emma walked around school trying to find Eric and unfortunately Joey. She was able to spot Joey in the hallway but no Eric. She decided to get this over with.

"Joey," Emma said as she headed towards him. Harley, Joey, and Frankie, or at least Emma was pretty sure that's what his name was, all looked at her. She looked at them uncomfortable but gave them a small smile. She cleared her throat, "We need to figure out a time to work on that project. We could do it at my house, but my parents are never home."

"See that's more reason to do this project at your house," Harley interjected. Emma glared at him, ignoring what he said, then looked at her partner.

"Is it alright if we do it after school?" Emma asked Joey again.

"Yeah," the boy nodded. "That's fine with me." Emma gave him a small, annoyed smile.

"Great." She walked away as soon as she spotted Eric, but not soon enough to miss Harley's comment.

"Catch you around Princess." Harley replied after her. Emma clutched her fists and walked towards her best friend. Eric looked at Emma, then Harley, then back at Emma again.

"Looks like someone likes you." Eric said giving her a smirk.

Emma rolled her eyes, "Absolutely not, I don't know if I can do this project." Emma groaned rubbing her face with her hands. Eric placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I can stay after school and spy on you guys, just so he doesn't do something stupid." Eric suggested. Emma dismissed him with a wave of her hand.

"Nah, I'll be okay, I have pepper spray in my pocket," Emma shrugged like it was no big deal. "I'll use that if he does do something stupid." Eric shrugged his shoulders and the best friends walked to their next class.

------------------------------

"So, you're back on the market," Alan said after his son explained that him and his girlfriend broke up because she thought he put Weeny, instead of Feeny on the school newspaper. "You'll find someone. Maybe you've already found them, maybe they are right around the corner, the next house perhaps. Name starts with E ends with- mma."

"Dad," Eric said seriously, although it's not like he hasn't thought about it. "I was dating the editor of the school newspaper; it was a status relationship. It made me somebody special."

"Eric," Alan said. "I think you're somebody special."

Eric rolled his eyes, "You have to. You had me and you're stuck with me. "

"Well, that's true," Alan sighed. "But sooner or later love with softly sneak up on you and wrap you in its gentle embrace."

"Ow!" both of the boys exclaimed. Amy had snuck up on Alan and hit him on the back of the head while Emma snuck up on Eric and wrapped her arms around him, maybe a little harshly.

"Sorry," the girl cringed.

"And it's a beautiful thing." Alan concluded. Amy saw the newspaper Alan was holding, "Oh, look, George it on the cover," Alan turned the paper towards her so she could see what it read. "Oh."