letters (5)

Red scout (the one we saw at the beginning of rq) writes letters and notes for when he hopes to return to the red kingdom

gonna call him Blake for this one :]

/

For the Leader, and his Apprentice,

I have met someone new out in my travels. They're orange, and he seems to be friendly. I don't know why he's out here like me, but I think we'll be friends!

I've also found a temple. It won't let me in yet, though. I can sense it's important.

Blake paused, adjusting the paper under the sunlight. He looked at his handwriting, then kept writing.

I know you don't like me outside of the kingdom, and I know it's dangerous out here. But I promise, I'll come back with new findings. I'm not like the professor or the apprentice, or the old elites, but I wanna join their legacy to help the kingdom.

He paused again, and then Blake sighed. Just thinking about the tale of the elites, the professor, and everything that happened left a weight in his chest. He wouldn't fail. He had to prove them wrong.

I've heard news of a prophecy. It's interesting, I believe I mentioned it in one of my other letters. I've set up a portal for the 'savior' to come through.

I wish you the best of luck in the kingdom, and I hope to return soon.

~ Blake

Blake put the pen down and folded the letter, knowing it wouldn't get mailed anywhere. These letters almost made him feel back at home, but not quite.

He inhaled deeply and breathed it out through his nose. Everything seemed fine. Nothing could turn out worse than when..

Blake remembered tales his parents would tell him. The stories of Void and the destruction of the world were silly bedtime stories to keep the kids in bed, but it'd almost felt unreal when they learned it was true, and not a fairytale.

It'd felt horrifying to know that Void, the destroyer of multiple species and lives, the enemy of the world, had been real. Many believed he'd killed the first hero aswell.

Blake shook his head, sliding his letter into a messy leather journal and shutting it. Void was dead now, and the darkness was gone for good.

Nothing would ever bring that back.

/

so who's gonna tell him hahahaha,,