Part 5- I think both of us would like to sit on a catus

When Alfred came to his senses, with a groggy mind and, still situated in Russia's lap who was asleep at this point in time. He smiled at this, he was really cute when he was like this, but he had to get up no matter how comfy the Russian's lap is. So with all of his might he forces himself to get up and look at the mirror that was in the corner of the room.

He looked like a mess really. His hair stuck out everywhere and his cowlick was even more prominent. His eye bags got darker from all of the stress he's in right now and his clothes looked like crumpled up chip bags. He took out his locket he put on last night(?) and opened it. Inside of the heart locket was a small picture of Alfred and Russia holding a large sunflower together.

Alfred smiled recalling the memory how he and Russia found it during a hike through one of his state parks. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before putting the locket back in its place and stepping out, leaving a still snoring Russia.

He scoured the long hut where he found Arthur sipping on some tea with an ever permanent scowl on his face. This won't be good at all. Even with anxiety and fear bubbling and boiling beneath him Alfred walked up to his former brother.

"Artie! It's good to see you! We need to talk." His lighthearted tone dropped significantly at the last sentence and for a moment he could see Arthur tensing up.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. If you weren't as much as a stupid American then we wouldn't be here."

"Last I recalled it was your fault for doing the spell. I was late because my alarm didn't go off. I was trying to be friendly with you. You keep pushing me away though." Saying all of that left a sour taste in his mouth. Someone else was a lot better at cursing people to the ground and it certainly wasn't South Italy, "I want to know if there's a way to cancel this spell so we all can go home and we don't have to relive the revolutionary war. Yeah?"

Arthur took a deep breath and set down his tea, "If I could stop the spell I would. But the spell was overpowered. It was simply supposed to be a memory display spell. I was going to show China's memories so you know how a nation is supposed to act. Since I gave it too much power the spell turned into this, we will instead see your memories whether we like it or not."

Alfred thought about it for a moment before answering, "What memory did you want to see from the old man anyways? You know they're incredibly personal. What if someone showed a memory you didn't want to see?" Off topic but it came to mind. Maybe he's trying to fish for sympathy with his former brother. Maybe he's trying to make him less of a pain and an ass.

It worked though as Arthur considers the prospect, "...I suppose I do owe an apology to China then. You're not getting out of this though. It's surprising you can think things through."

"I'll take that compliment. Is Ma-Canada awake? I want to beg him to make pancakes."

Arthur shook his head and muttered under his breath," As glutinous as ever." Then he spoke up, "No I have not. I would assume he's in his room. He's bunking with Netherlands of all people."

Alfred nodded "Thanks dude! I might as well make coffee to seduce Canada out of bed." Without saying goodbye he quickly rushes to the kitchen to rid himself of any spare anxiety from the conversation and the rising anxiety that he truly can't get away from this. It's really his worst nightmare come true. Besides ghosts.

He set out two mugs and starting boiling more water as he gets coffee grounds and a slow drip. Call him a traditionalist but Folgers is the worst crap out of all of the coffee ground so he's much rather make his own coffee like this. It only takes 5 minutes to make the coffee and another 10 to get Mattie up holding coffee to his face.

45 minutes later and with a much larger group of awake nations, a large stack of pancakes had been devoured. Alfred sat next to his brother and Russia. This seems to be a reoccurring trend.

As soon as the last person finished their food the main door reappeared again. Alfred stood up and this time he was the one to open the door. He can only hope this gets over with very very soon.

——
Balls