Part 8- I have no title for this im being held hostage to make this

The next waking moment Alfred remembered was the sun shining in his face, and yet there was no sun to shine on his face. He sat up and stretched, he was in the living room still but a few people were out there eating food that someone had made. France was the first person to notice him waking and he practically announced it to everyone, "Oh America finally you're awake! Come come you must be starving after so long, I have prepared a wonderful meal for you to enjoy."

Alfred chuckled and followed France into the kitchen, he took in the new surroundings. It looked a lot more familiar to him, he supposed it was inspired after the home he and England shared when he was just a colony. And in the pot there was stew still bubbling. It was something not typical for France to make but he got an explanation from the man himself, "I wanted to make something more elegant but the ingredients seemed too wrong for such a thing. Stew was a lot better for such a thing unfortunately."

Alfred got a bowl and spoon as he listened, "Well it still looks good France!" He got himself a serving and ventured back into the living room where people were still walking about. The stew in his opinion was quite tasty as all French dishes were. The peace however didn't last long as the horrid and dreaded door appeared for the nations to go through.

Alfred groaned and set down his bowl, following the other nations as the scene suddenly changed to a town being built. Nothing moved until the last person; England had made his way into the 'room' Alfred ducked to get support from his brother as A younger England and a much much younger Alfred walked down the street, young Alfred spoke to his England, "Sir what is this place?"

And memory England responded, "It's a new township. I believe it's being called Graysonville. "

"So sir do I live here? And with who..?"

"You do, and you live with me. I'm your bigger brother after all."

There's a smile on younger Alfreds face that makes now Alfred wish for the older times where he thought that Arthur, his brother was actually a good person and wanted to help him, "Thank you sir! You're such a good big brother if I live with you." Younger Alfred had interrupted his thoughts with such a hopeful tone.

And there's a smile on Englands lips that can't be missed, "Yes of course. I'll take care of you as best as I can."

The rest of the walk was filled with young Alfred rambling about everything new he sees, with England listening along and not brushing him off. It's such a drastic change that it makes Alfred reel in the present. He wonders if England was putting on a front or if he's content with an obedient him, a him that loves him and follows his orders on a whim.

This talking is only interrupted in the memory when young Alfred gasps, seeing a good sized home that is already built. The home made of pure wood was dotted with windows and oddly reminiscent of a British home from that time period. England led his supposed brother inside where it wasn't decorated too much but had the essentials of a home. Young Alfred simply sees this as a chance to run around with such glee. England doesn't even see a need to stop Alfred from running around he's just watching his new brother enjoy the large and spacious room. 

Present Alfred was in shock again, England felt like such an enigma to him at this point and it hurt to think about. He had to get closer to his brother to even have a safe space to make sense of all of it. Present day England didn't let loose a single hint of emotion. Alfred just had to watch past England actually care for his younger self. The first nights meal with them looks suspiciously similar, it was a type of stew.  Younger Alfred loved it, eating it up as if it was the first thing he had ever tasted. 

The nights that he witnessed seemed to blend together as young Alfred trusted his England without worry but as snow started to fall down England was gone more and more and the dinners became a lot scarcer. There was no explanation for the disappearances from Arthur besides a 'the town needs me.' So young Alfred was essentially locked in the home until one night as Alfred was looking out the window a young child approached him holding up a ball.