Part 6- Arson is supposed to be a fun activity

Alfred and the others looked around in confusion, none of them knew what was going to happen next. Matthew though seemed to have an idea, he was so on edge and twitchy. This was much more concerning because despite his shyness he was never anxious like this at all.

Alfred walked over to his bro and put a hand on his shoulder, "Hey M-Canada what's goin on here?"

Canada jumped about 10 feet into the air and quickly pulled away from him. Strange really, he was sweating and very very pale. "Nothing America. I'm just...just worried. Besides you should know too if this goes through massive events."

Alfred blinked in confusion, "yeah uh....ok bro. Sure I do...."

Matthew looked up at him with utter horror and realization, "you...you don't remember?"

"Not at all. I thought you knew this?"

"Never! I thought you just hated talking about it like I do!"

"What do you mean by it?"

Matthew stopped talking and started panicking more, "this...this isn't good."

"What's not good Bro? Please tell me!"

"You'll see..." and he walked off leaving Alfred and the other nations who eavesdropped in the dust.

The plain white void changed and morphed into the familiar town of New Foundland. The young Nukilik was outside by the log cabin. He was thumbing a small stick by the logs on the side and watching the snow fall with his ever permanent childish wonder. Finland soon came into view with a smile.

"It's good to see you, Berwald was concerned when you weren't anywhere. What do you have there?" He asked in the same light tone as he always did.

Nukilik handed him the small device, it was a small childish carving of a tree, "I taught myself how to whittle! Isn't it pretty?"

Finland smiled widely "it's perfect. I'm sure Berwald would love to teach you a lot more about it."

Nukilik lit up at this, "Yes please ataata! I can't wait for shizhé'é to teach me!"

"You're still so clingy to your mothers words are you not.?" Finland said with a small and sad smile.

"But they're just words." Nukilik insisted with a pout.

"Most people seem to think otherwise little one." Finland responded and grabbed Nukilik's hand and walked out with him.

Nukilik followed happily to where Atiqtalaaq and Sweden or Berwald as he was unfortunately outed as.

Alfred in the present sought to keep calling him Sweden until the man said otherwise.

Sweden was teaching Atiqtalaaq how to hunt with a bow and arrow, he offered Nukilik earlier that year but the boy said he'd rather learn how to set traps with Finland.

Sweden praised Atiqtalaaq's fast progress and once he saw Nukilik in the corner of his eye he practically rushed over to him, sweeping his body with quick strokes to make sure he wasn't hurt. Finland caught Sweden up to speed on Nukilik's whereabouts.

The man visibly relaxed and sighed in relief "It's good to see you're safe. It's getting late all 4 of us should head back home."

With minimal complaining from the 4 they walked back to their small home. It filled everyone up with a sense of home. What they didn't realize though is a whittle carving was dropped close by a storage building

Nukilik scooted by Atiqtalaaq as they watched Finland and Sweden stir a pot. Alfred slowly whispered to his brother, "I have a great idea.!"

Atiqtalaaq looked over nervously and whispered back, "what is it?"

"I saw a great place to make our own outpost!"

"Where? You know we cant leave."

"But it's here! It's in the town so we can't be said that we left!"

Atiqtalaaq thought of this for a moment before nodding, "ok but if we get caught it's your fault."

Nukilik gave him a smile "We won't get caught."

Seemingly determined by this statement both of the kids acted happy as could be and once they were put to bed they snuck out. Small feet crunched the snow as they made tracks to the storage building. Nukilik pushed the door to the cold and dry inside. Crates and barrels were pilled onto them and runes were carved into them.

Both of the kids couldn't read them but to them it didn't matter. The pushed the barrels and boxes to their hearts content to make a large and messy fort.

"This will be our hiding place right?" Asked  Atiqtalaaq as he leaned onto the wall.

Nukilik nods quickly, "just ours-" the kid was cut off because he was rolling a barrel. A barrel whose top was gone and spreading powder and strange sand everywhere.

Nukilik bent down to lick at it but  Atiqtalaaq grabbed his hand "no don't! You don't know what's in there. Besides it's cold...we need to get some fire."

Nukilik who wanted to be useful left the room and snatched a still burning torch from town square. The sleeping town didn't know what the two kids were doing as they had created something very very dangerous.

The Torch was placed in a hole of a barrel and they kept working hard. Eventually a crate was placed in a corner. Nukilik didn't like that and tried to push it back to its original spot.  Atiqtalaaq pushed it back.

Nukilik got frustrated and pushed harder and harder before in his anger his hand which flew up knocked over the torch and landed right onto the strange sand.

In an instant an explosion occurred, Atiqtalaaq and Nukilik was thrown onto the ground outside. More explosions followed and as pieces flew down fire followed  as it spread through the homes with no remorse.

The children looked at each other with frightful eyes before anger overcame Atiqtalaaq and pushed Nukilik onto the floor again before running off.

Visible panic settled through the younger child and started to run in the opposite direction. He stopped when he spotted the small carving. He picked it up and kept running into the woods. The trees and foliage burned as the child kept running away from the scene of his unintentional crime. He stopped suddenly with heaving breaths and he slid down onto a base of a tree before letting out a gut wrenching sob . Another one came up and the child broke down. He was curled up in a fetal position and cried about his brother, about his father and about how he should never come back.

After what seems hours there was a crunch of the leaves and Nukilik shot his head up. And there in all his bushy eyebrow glory was a blonde haired man with an...indescribable look on his face.

"You must be him...it's a shame I thought the Nordics got to you first. Come on. You need new clothes."

Nukilik looked up with him with bleary and watery eyes "but I'm a monster..! You shouldn't be with me."

The man sighed "Don't make this hard America."

"Who's America?! I'm not America!"

A vein was about to pop from the man's forehead but instead with a strange looking stick the man mumbled a few words and Alfred crumpled to the ground unconscious.

In the present everyone's eyes was on Alfred who was sweating, silently crying and had his fists clenched. His eyes went up to Englands and with slow movements he walked up to him and the next thing they heard was a smack

Nukilik is Alfred
Atiqtalaaq is Matthew
Congrats this is over thousand words