7 . Contract

Iris pov

I sat on my couch clicking my heels on the floor nervously waiting for the car to show up , I was adorned in navy blue blazer and white top underneath , my pants matching my attire .

Lifting the sleeve off my wrist and checking my watch for the third time , 5 minutes left for 7:20 .
It takes approximately 10 minutes to reach the company , the driver still isn't here .

I mean I can't be blamed for the late arrival of car , I have been ready since 7:15 .

I slowly rushed to my window and drew open the curtains , I noticed a car parking infront of my apartment and the driver stepping out .

I rushed out wasting no time .

I greeted the driver with a quick " good morning "

He nodded replying " very good morning ma'am " and opened the door for me .

I jumped inside as the door was shut .

Here we go ...

10 minutes later

Surprisingly the car reached a bit faster and I am already inside the elevator to Mr. Lockwood's office .

I stepped out and made my way to his office , upon reaching I knocked twice in a row .

I noticed the camera right in the entrance .

Damn soo what we do outside can be monitored , this way no one can stick an ear on the door to listen .

" Come in "

I pulled the glass door and got inside , the door shut behind me instantly startling me for a second .

I saw him sitting on his seat and working on the laptop , his table was well organised , neatly arrangement of files , various dark bold covered books set uniformly in selves and some on table , beautiful view at the side of his table , the sun was peaking which slowly kissed his black hair a shade of brown , his eyes were fixed on screen .

" Good morning sir " I greeted to which he looked up .

His any simple gesture will make me sweat , i should get adjusted to this all soon .

" Ms. Iris , take a seat " he instructed

To which I obliged and took seat placing my bag on my laps and stared at him to continue .

He brushed his eye brows and looked over at the table and reached for the files , getting ahold of them , he placed it on the table and pushed it to my direction using his veiny fingers .

I took them and started going through them taking my best time while his attention was solely on me . I couldn't look up at him but I felt his heated gaze on me as he rested his chin on his knuckles .

After a while of going through most of the instructions , while his eyes still on me .

The instructions were formalities and the contract I was handed to is about 3 years long , which made me a bit uncomfortable , I can't really say no but what if I really don't want to work here at this period of time ? And it says I can still prolong the contract or continue to work permanently after the contract .
I agree this is a well paying job , but I will find a way to get the hell out of here if things cause trouble and I will actually have an advantage in achieving higher position if worked here and get recommended from this company , I hope there is no loss .

I haven't heard that many bad reviews from people who work here , even from his assistants , they usually mentioned that he is a bit distant and might add pressure at time but that's how CEO's can be , I have dealt with these behaviours before .

Without thinking much , I signed them up .

As I finished , I looked up at him to find him piercing his steel eyes on me .

I passed him the papers the same way he did .

He slide them aside and got up from his seat to which I decided to get up too but I was instantly pushed down by a large strong hand , I looked at him puzzled , my heart beats fastened due to sudden contact of his warm arms .

I sat down and but my focus was on him , he stood behind me , making me feel uneasy .

I heard him sigh

" I am guessing you have went through all the instructions clearly Iris " his voice hoarse voice grew closer as I nodded saying ,

" Yes sir "

He stepped aside and leaned behind pressing his back on his table few centimetres away facing me .

" You sure ? "

What is this all about ?