9 . His responsibility

Iris pov

It was lunch break , I was soo relieved to take my time off from that office , even though he did mind his own business and concentrated on his work , he still payed his attention to me which made me nervous , I was the only one that couldn't focus .

I sat with Andria in a canteen and bite of my sandwich as she kept asked me about my encounter with Patrick earlier .

I must say , she has the biggest crush on him .

That guy is surely blind to not be aware of this .

" You know Mr . Lockwood usually didn't go for contracts with any of his assistants until this day , maybe he really is looking forward to keeping an assistant permanently " she told me sipping her drink .

" Really ? I don't know why he's kinda ... weird " I said with creased brows .

" Oh yeah he is " she said after stuffing a large bite of burger in her mouth .

" How did his previous assistant deal with him ? Didn't she freak out ? "
I asked

" Nah , she was fine , she was a bit narcissistic and treated others poorly , and let's say Mr . Lockwood was waiting to fire her and she ended up getting fired because she messed up his schedule " she smirked .

" Ohh " I said

" Yeah , he doesn't put much pressure on us , he just needs discipline and we got to follow that , if we don't , he will find a way to get rid of the obstacle "

" I see " I said gulping nervously ,

" Hey it's okay , don't be scared , he wouldn't go hard on you , this is your first day right ? So chill "

.
.
.

I went back to the office after lunch break was over , I quietly sat on my chair , I didn't find him inside the office soo I resumed my work comfortably .

I was stapling some copies when I heard

" Good afternoon " startling me as stapler fell on the desk making sharp sound .

" Good afternoon sir " I greeted back .

He went back to his table and started his work as usual .

I listed the appointments he had for tomorrow and meetings this week .

Few hours later

It was evening 6 already , soo I decided to pack my stuff up and leave .

I got up and still saw him working on his laptop , I grabbed my bag and decided to ask him .

" Excuse me sir " I called him .

As soon as he looked at me , the power went off , everything was pitch black at the moment , I gasped in surprise .

I couldn't use my phone as the battery was dead , I even didn't go through my phone today due to work .

I was contemplating what to do as someone grabbed my arm and took ahold of my hand , I flinched back .

" Are you okay ? " his voice spoke

" Uh yes " I whispered .

" Are you leaving now ? " His hoarse voice asked

" Yes ...but I can't see anything and my phone battery is dead " I said shuddering quietly .

" It's okay , I'll leave to your car " he said and turned on his phone battery .

I removed my hand from his and held his elbow following him like a child .

He took slow steps to which I am thankful and followed him down the parking lot .