10 . Surprise

Iris POV

I tapped my pen continuously on the small note I was writing and I kinda needed a good break soo I decided to go to the rest room .

I'll also message Andria from there .

I got up and left the office , and found Patrick coming into view , he waved at me , I waved back .

He stood infront of me which made me stop and look at him .

" Is Mr . Lockwood in there ? " He asked and I nodded .

" I am soo sorry to interrupt your break but could you please submit these to him " he pleaded with puppy eyes and I sighed in frustration .

" Fine ! " I playfully snatched the files off of him and stomped back to the office .

I heard him chuckling from behind which I ignored .

I opened the door and he lifted his face to look at him in stern expressions .

I passed those files to him and sighed .

" Patrick asked me to give these to you " I said ready to turn back and leave

His eyes still held a stern look as he raised a brow .

" Patrick ? " He asked .

" Uh Patrick Williams " I cleared

He set the files aside and continued to stare at me with intensity .

I turned around to leave again .

" And where are you going ? " He asked coldly .

I turned around again

" I ..uh.. to the restroom " I stuttered .

He didn't say anything but stared .

I left the office with a huge sigh and reached the washroom .

After spending about five minutes .
I was in the office again staring at screen and analysing stuff .

I crossed my legs and leaned back , stretching a bit but stopped as I reminded myself that he is still there.

The lunch break begins within 10 minutes , I decided to check my phone .

I downloaded some PDFs related to work and reminded myself to get hard copy of them later .

" Iris ! " I heard his voice , my head snapped back at him meeting his piercing eyes .

" The appointment held on evening with our new client Mr. quartz ..." He paused and I nodded him to continue .

" It's been rescheduled few minutes ago , it's held within 20 minutes , I need you to accompany me , we'll have lunch in silver light restaurant , make reservations " he informed and left talking something on phone .

I sighed and messaged Andria that I'll have to ditch her this lunch .

.
.
.

I walked behind Mr. Lockwood in hurried steps to his car , we got in and and drove to the restaurant keeping peaceful silence between us .

I ended up going through my iPad and didn't pay much attention to anything until the car stopped and Mr. Lockwood got out .

I swiftly closed my iPad and walked behind him as he waited and took long strides towards the restaurant .

Several minutes later

As expected , the deal went amazing and to say Mr. Lockwood was quite smart and smooth in the process which wrapped 70% of denials away , we got up and shook eachothers hands and decided to leave .