❊ Chapter 9 ❊

just some idiots being idiots
———————————

———————————* this one's a long one, so get comfy! *

———————————
* this one's a long one, so get comfy! *

* hope you enjoy ! :D *
———————————

S1:E4: Hope x and x Ambition

———————————

"ooooh dear."

M/N winced as he saw another examinee collapse on the floor. To be honest, he kinda felt like joining them.

"Gon -" He wheezed, struggling to keep his breathing steady, "how long do you think until we reach the end?"

Gon glanced over at him, shrugging. "I dunno."

Man, being locked in a room for 5 years really doesn't let you build up stamina, does it?

"Do you need some help, M/N?" He chuckled, amused by his friend's struggle to keep the same pace.

"no." M/N coughed. "I'm fine! I just -- never really ran much when I was younger. I didn't get the chance to. And now I'm suffering for it."

Gon giggled at the response. Well, if worse came to worst, he could always just step in and help anyways.

Up ahead, Leorio was sweating profusely. The group had run over 30 kilometers, so it made sense that most of the examinees weren't doing too well. "Most" being the keyword.

While almost every examinee was on foot, one got around by using a skateboard. The red wheels glided across the concrete floor with ease.

Leorio was pissed upon seeing the culprit skate right past him.

"Hey, wait up kid!" He scowled.

The young examinee hummed and glanced over at him in response.

"How about you show a little respect for the Exam!"

The examinee pushed on the skateboard once more. "What do you mean?"

"I mean quit using a damn skateboard. That's cheating!" Leorio growled and pointed at the skateboard accusingly.

"How's that?"

"How?" Leorio scowled. "This is an endurance test, that's how."

M/N sighed in disappointment at Leorio's antics.

annnd he's back at it again. . . not only that - he's after the puffball this time. poor puffball.

The argument caused M/N to frown deeply. Gon furrowed his brows at the scene. M/N had a feeling that look was trouble.