❊ Chapter 22 ❊

survival of the 'fittest'
——————————

survival of the 'fittest'——————————

——————————

* what's that? i accidentally went on another month-long hiatus because i was completely lost on ideas for this chapter? it was supposed to be published two weeks ago?? *
* ah crap. *

* very sorry for the long wait! hope you still enjoy! *

* unpolished, naturally (i gotta stop making this a habit). you guys are already dead from content dehydration, i'm sure of it >_> *

——————————

S1:E18: Big x Time x Interview

Part II

-

S1:E19: Can't Win x But x Can't Lose

——————————

"Reception room, reception room. . . second floor — right?"

Slow, unsteady footsteps rang from the hallway. M/N slumped over with a small sigh as his eyes got tired of re-reading all the door signs that proved to be no help. Despite the clear directions, he was still at a loss as to where he needed to go. Not to mention, it'd already taken him a while to even find his way to the second floor.

He was very late — and not even fashionably late, at that.

M/N muttered under his breath lightly in exasperation, "i didn't mishear the location, did i. . ? maybe i should've asked Leorio to come with me. man, this sucks."

. . . huh?

A small glint caught the corner of his eye as he perked up slightly. One of the doors had a specialized metal plate on display, shining in the light of the nearly-setting sun. The sunlight molded around the door almost perfectly, accentuating the mahogany door that read "Reception room", clear as day.

Even the sun was done with M/N's density, it seemed.

"Oh! That's — convenient." M/N blinked slowly before chuckling softly, "I was on the right track then! Aha, I'm so late."

Rushing to knock on the door, the boy gave a few enthusiastic knocks that shuttered the wood with every tap. He really could've found this room sooner.

Still, a cheerful voice rang from the interior, which he immediately recognized as the chairman; "Come in!"

M/N peeked through the door sheepishly, "Mister Netero?"

Just as expected, the chairman was the only one present in the room. He held a peaceful expression, resting on a mat beside the table. M/N was quick to seat himself on the mat opposite the chairman as he smiled nervously, "Good afternoon! I'm — I'm not late am I?"