❊ Chapter 17 ❊

and suddenly, we have a group of detectives
——————————

and suddenly, we have a group of detectives——————————

——————————

* mostly wholesome stuff! emphasis on mostly. *

* p.s. this chapter is edited, but not fully polished. it's also the longest chapter so far! so, have fun :D *

* hope you guys enjoy! *

——————————

S1:E12: Last Test x of x Resolve

——————————

"Moonshine, eh? Didn't think he'd be into that kind of liquor."

"Liquor?"

Gon blinked. He double-checked the contact name in confusion, just to be sure. Sure enough, clear as day - the singular contact on M/N's phone was under the name 'moonshine'.

Rather odd, but hey, Leorio's not one to judge a man's liquor choice. Not that much at least.

Kurapika looked up from the book he was pleasantly reading after a small moment. He didn't want to be involved with the shenanigans of the other three, but that information was concerning.

"Alchohol? Isn't he underage?"

"Hey, I'm not one to judge here." Leorio lifted his hands with a light chuckle.

Kurapika sent him an annoyed glance in response, "He's far too young for that. Liquor choice aside, I'm concerned for his health. Alcohol can have disastrous effects at that age."

The group sat in near-silence as Kurapika began to mumble to himself.

Leorio's smile slowly fell as Kurapika's rambling grew increasingly nervous - going on and on about his knowledge about underage drinking and its vast effects. Did he read that in a book or something? The medic leaned down to nudge Gon slightly as they both stared at him in confusion.

"Gon, can you hear anything he's saying. . ?"

Gon continued to stare with a baffled expression, "Um. . . something about liver disease? Brain damage. . . violence."

"Okay. You can stop listening now." Leorio pat Gon on the head softly, turning him away from the blonde nervously. It didn't help at all, obviously, but there was at least some effort.

Killua looked over the three with an increasingly annoyed expression.

"You're probably overthinking it."

The call-out caused Kurapika to flush slightly. After another moment, he composed himself with a deep breath, "Am I?"

"Yup." Killua glanced down at the contact name briefly, and over at his sleeping friend in the corner of the room, "It sounds like more of a nickname that any type of liquor he'd drink. Dumb nicknames seem right up his alley." He stretched his arms above his head with a shrug.