❊ Chapter 18 ❊

no one gets injured for once. a new record!
——————————

 a new record!——————————

——————————

* short but sweet chapter! well - shorter than usual, at least. *

* hope you enjoy! :D *

——————————

S1:E12: Last Test x of x Resolve

Part II

-

S1:E14: Hit x the x Target

——————————

"One minute remains."

A robotic voice chimed through the tower's speakers.

It served as a delightful reminder to the applicants resting at the bottom of the tower, but an ominous sign of failure to those stuck above.

Lit by only a few lanterns, the room was overcome with a collective sense of relief. Some of the applicants had waited up to 60 hours for this moment. But thankfully, it was certain that the 21 (alive) applicants present has passed the Third Phase of the exam.

Among them, unfortunately, stood the infamous rookie crusher - who managed to leech his way down the tower with whatever poor examinee fate decided to pair him with. He completely relished in the fact that he had passed while five of the rookies hadn't.

The feeling of pride he felt was like no other.

A familiar magician sat along the wall as well - an indifferent expression plastered on his painted face. Being the first to pass the tower, Hisoka handled the 60-hours wait without any sign of the group. Yet, his lips seemed to quirk into an amused smile as a nearby flame flickered just a bit.

Several applicants glanced up in confusion when a soft rumbling sounded out through the room. To their surprise, one of the concrete doors lifted itself slowly, releasing another applicant to pass. Scratch that, applicants.

The stone rose to reveal three examinees - all covered in soot and scratches from their dangerous journey. A voice rang out from the speakers above as the three stood proudly.

"Kurapika, number 404, is the twenty-first to pass. Killua, number 99, is the twenty-second to pass. Gon, number 405, is the twenty-third to pass. Time elapsed: 71 hours and 59 minutes."

.

.

.

As soon as the voice finished, Killua let out a loud sigh, "Boy, my butt hurts!"