°Chapter One°

A month has passed since the last piece of information on the disease came from the news. All phone lines were cut and if you try and do anything online, well you cant. You arent even able to watch the news. Of course, this was devastating to not only the old couple but everyone in Albuquerque, who had been relying on the internet for education. School had been canceled due to this new disease, giving many students a lot more free time. Many students use this time to play with each other and hang out at parks. This was especially true for three teenagers, specifically 8th graders. It just so happened that these three were in the right place and right time before the outbreak began. They were having a party for one of their grandmas birthdays, as she had just turned 68. 

Many people were gathered in the cramped living room, mostly talking and drinking with one another. Of those people, the three teenagers were hanging outside with their younger siblings. One of them, a tall handsome guy with fluffy dyed black and faded green hair. They wore mostly black, with a crimson red Hollister zip-up hoodie along with chains that hung from his neck. The next teenager, a short cute guy with messy dyed blue and purple hair. He wore a black croptop hoodie with a black long-sleeve shirt underneath. The last was a tall boy, slightly taller than the teenager with black and faded green hair. His hair was dyed red and he wore a chicago bears hoodie with headphones around his neck.

The teenagers were joking around with one another while the elementery school kids were chasing eachother around the yard. A short woman with long dirty blonde hair came out of the screen door and yelled at the group of teenagers,

Olive! Take your boyfriends and go to the store! We forgot to buy the Roomba Vaccum for Bettys birthday! 

The boy with dyed purple and blue hair blushed at the mention of his boyfriends and yelled back,

Alright I will! You dont have to yell! 

The woman walked up to the teenagers and handed Olive $500 then turning and walking back through the screen door. The other teenagers giggled and poked at Olive while he laughs along with his boyfriends. They start to walk in unison to the gate that led to the front of house, opening it as they got close enough. As they walked out they look back at the house, seeing the shadowy figures against the cutains, partying and having no care in the world. Somehow they felt like this was the last time they would see this house.