°Chapter Three°

TW: Gorey and descriptive death scene

A few days had passed by now. A few people had been taken for questioning and a few had been shot to death on the spot, but other than that nothing had happened much. The people trapped inside the Walmart had been eating the canned and fresh foods that had been stocked on the shelves in the many isles. This included the three teens, who leaned more towards eating fresh foods rather than their canned counterparts. They also slept on any sleeping bags, blankets, and pillows, or even curtains that were available. 

Another few days pass, many more people are executed. The number just keeps rising and rising.  It seems as if almost a quarter of the Walmart people had been killed in only a week. The teens had started to get anxious, almost to the point of wanting to escape. They had been talking with the other Walmart inhabitants and had made friends with a few of the younger people. Everyone in the Walmart shared the same anxiousness because of their current situation. 

Another day passed and some conflicts started to break out. Some people may have argued over food or sleeping areas Others may have argued over books or hygiene products. This only started the accusations. That same day two people were accused of being infected and were publicly shot to death on a minute’s notice, the security guards not even bothering to interview them. 

The next day was nothing but worst. Others started to be encouraged to accuse others of being infected, which ended in 5 deaths, which were not backed up. This continued for another day before the teens started to be affected by it too. One of their friends with whom they shared food with; Allie, a pretty young woman with black hair and greenish-gray eyes, fought over a Lunchable with another young woman. This, unfortunately, ended very badly for poor Allie, as the woman almost immediately accused her of being infected. 

Nex, Olive, and Erin were all coloring in a coloring book that they had found when a gunshot rang out from around the corner. Of course, they weren't surprised or fazed by the fact that someone was probably shot, and continued coloring. What did surprise them was when Allie can running around the corner, her side oozing the thock red liquid we call blood. Her shirt was stained, and a somewhat large hole could be seen in her shirt, showing the exposed flesh where the bullet had dug into and settled. She clasped one hand around the open wound and looked at her companions before another gunshot rang out, this one much closer than before. 

Everything seemed to move in slow-motion. Allie's face scrunched in pain before a hazy white fog engulfed her once beautiful emerald eyes. A bullet pierced her skull, going straight through. In a shower of blood and mush, the silver blood-covered bullet hit the opposite shelf before finally stopping. Her body went limp before falling to the floor with a sickening ‘thump' as blood poured from both of her open wounds. Her face pressed against the hard tile floor while her hair became stained and sticky with the metallic-smelling red fluid oozing from the hole between her eyes and in the back of her head. 

The teen boys stared in horror as their once alive friends perished right in front of their eyes. The security guards almost immediately grabbed ahold of Allie's limp form and hauled her away to who-knows-where. A sickening feeling arose in all three as the corpse dripped blood as it was taken away, leaving them with nothing but a messy floor that looked like strawberry jam, but everyone knew that it clearly wasn’t.