Capter 6 Typical Mugil

"C'mon, Riya, we're going to be late!" Aarthi screamed at the top of her lungs. They planned to start from their shop to the MD realtors the next morning. Riya was busy looking over the afternoon's orders.

"That can wait, Riya; Raj is also here; we need to get going." Aarthi was begging with Riya.

"Aarthi, I'll be ready in a few minutes," Riya assured.

Riya was tense for some reason she couldn't explain. She met Mugil by chance yesterday, but this is a planned meeting. She was terrified and was making up ridiculous excuses to postpone their visit.

Aarthi, who was already brimming with excitement, can't be patient anymore. She called Raj and explained.

"Myself and Riya are visiting the MD realtors, you please look after the orders Riya is telling, we can't be late."

Riya smiled embarrassingly as she sensed the tension and exclaimed, "We can start now."

"Thank God, at last," Aarthi exclaimed dramatically as she climbed her scooter and awaited Riya's arrival.

"Such a drama queen," Raj said as he rolled his eyes at Aarthi.

Riya and Aarthi arrived at Mugil's company's reception after parking their scooter. It didn't appear to be a multibillion-dollar corporation. The décor was simple and unobtrusive, and the personnel was dressed casually rather than according to a corporate dress code. Aarthi was paying close attention to the details. The receptionist, who looked to be in her fifties, greeted them and invited them to sit in the lobby while she informed them of their arrival.

"Is he for real?" Aarthi wondered. He's such a boring guy. There's nothing special about this place. Is he the true owner?"

Meanwhile, Riya had found nothing unusual, and she thought to herself, "Typical, Mugil."

When Riya and Aarthi were told, Aarthi was the first to enter the MD's cabin. It wasn't like a usual MD's office. Quite the opposite. Mugil was engrossed in his computer, and Riya was just staring at him. Aarthi cleared her voice to catch Mugil's attention.

Mugil was taken aback when he saw Riya. He had requested that Aarthi bring Riya with her, but he had not expected her to show up.

"Good Morning, please sit down." He gestured.

"So, what is your daily requirement?" Decorating here or sending flowers to the people." Aarthi broke the silence. She wasn't sure what the requirement was because the Office was so plain.

Aarthi's question caught Mugil off guard, who had been staring at Riya.

"Actually, I'd like to have my meeting room, lobby, and cabin decorated. He explained. "Nothing fancy, just some fresh flowers every day on working days," he added.

Aarthi was mumbling, "As expected." But she managed to tell,

"Of course, we can do that."

"All right, then my assistant will hand you the paperwork for this."

"You would like to have a cup of lemon tea first, Let me ask my people to bring, here it will be good" Mugi suggested.

Riya was taken aback by his statement. She thought to herself, "He still remembers my choice."

"Give it to my boss; Lemon tea isn't my favourite, but she is. Can I take a peek around the conference hall while you guys have your tea?" With a sombre expression on her face, Aarthi inquired.

Mugil asked Jason to take Aarthi to the conference hall. He was simply trying to set up a private conversation with Riya.

Jason was surprised when he met two lovely ladies at his boss's cabin.

"Who could it possibly be? They are, however, beautiful." He thought.

Mugil briefed Jason on the flower delivery and sent him to the meeting hall.

"Who on earth attends that room's daily meeting?" In his head, something is cooking. But who cares, right? At the very least, I can see these divas daily." Jason pondered.
Mugil had a practice of communicating with his employees online.

When the duo went for the conference hall, Mugil started.

"How are you, Riya?"

For a while, Riya was enraged. She thought to herself, "He has the audacity to talk as if nothing happened." But she managed to tell.

"Can't you see, I am all fine."

Mugil continued, understanding her tone.

"I know, I am not in a place to have a normal conversation with you. However, don't I have the opportunity to renew my friendship?"

Riya was enraged at this point.

"What kind of friendship is this?" "Asking the same person, who can't even tell you why he's acting the way he is." Riya was agitated.

After that, there was a brief silence. "Let me think about it," Riya answered after some thought.

Both of them drank their lemon tea. The only sound in the room was their sipping. Aarthi returned after a while. Aarthi and Riya walked from the parking area after completing the formalities.

"What kind of billionaire is he?" There's nothing fancy over there. Take a look at this building. They would have purchased an old building. Did you happen to notice the receptionist? Who would choose an aunt for that? He's not my type, thank God." Riya was giggling uncontrollably.

"However, one point is unclear. When he doesn't like me, why is he so particular about this flower delivery?" Aarthi paused and questioned, her tone skeptical.

Riya's inner voice smiled at her and said, "Idiot, he likes me."

"Maybe he has his own reasons," Riya responded.

Riya received a call from Anu as they reached their boutique. Riya excused herself and went outside to have a conversation with Anu.

Anu screeched over the phone, "How was the meeting?"

Riya paused for a while and said softly, "Calm down Anu; I'll tell you everything."

Riya explained the incident briefly.

" Your words are being swallowed. I'd like to see you face to face."

Riya agreed, "You are most welcome, I am not hiding anything."

However, when Riya explains, Anu chooses to look Riya in the eyes.

"How about this evening? I'll give you a visit. Let's start from there," Anu suggested.

Both agreed to their hangout arrangement and continued their job. Riya was checking the items in the entryway display in the evening before shutting for the day. A black Audi had pulled up in front of her boutique at that time. Riya was perplexed about the owner for a minute because the number plate appeared to be unknown. Riya was taken aback when she saw the two people who came out of the car.