Chapter 6 - Nokay's Gifts

I know it's been ages and I'm truly very sorry. Thanks a ton for your reads, votes and comments guys!! I promise the next updates are gonna be faster.
Enjoy!! ;)

It was late at night. On the side of a road stood Steve, looking completely bedraggled. His once-beautiful tuxedo was now dripping wet and even torn at many places; his shirt was half burnt. His face held a sullen expression. In outstretched arms he held a baby, who, unlike Steve was rather joyful. He was giggling and clapping his hands. Below the dangling kid was a dustbin.

...........................

Steve Rogers had a date that day. Yes, atlast a girl after 70 years! But as luck would have it, he had to babysit his archenemy that very day.

He had begged Sersha to look after Loki for the evening but she refused.

'I'm sorry Steve but it's my sister's marriage anniversary today. You know how much family problems I have, don't you? If I don't show up today they're sure to disown me! I'm sorry Cap.'

Steve knew he was dead!

But miraculously, during the day Loki hardly caused him any trouble. Loki slept till late in the morning (assumed to be after-effects of Clint's sleeping pills) and once he was awake the toddler went about playing with random things like a gun (bullets removed ofcourse), pencils, SHIELD ID cards, etc. He even found Steve's shield to play with. The baby kept jumping on the shield as if testing its durability, until Steve came and snatched it away.

The day flew by quite easily with Loki merely playing and crawling about around the room. Steve was even forced to wonder why Sersha and Clint complained about having a hard time with Loki because Steve was absolutely fine with the kid. Bad thing to think because later that evening his life became hell!

'He's my nephew,' Steve said to himself as he walked down the road. Dusk had settled and it was quite dark. Steve wore a lovely tuxedo and in a baby stroller was Loki who looked completely angry sitting there.

All throughout the way, Steve was practicing what to say to his date regarding Loki. 'My sister is out of town. She had some work and so she begged me to er... look after her son for today.'

Soon he reached the restaurant. Taking a deep breath and arranging his suit he walked in, pushing the stroller infront of him. SHE was already there.

She stood up to greet him. 'Hey!' she exclaimed, and then frowned on seeing Loki. 'Who's this?'

'Hi Rose. Th - this is my nephew.' In spite of all the practice this was all Steve could manage as he took his seat.

'He's so cute.' Rose smiled, bending down to have a better look at the baby. 'What's his name?' Loki smiled innocently at her. She picked him up in her arms.

'No!' Steve exclaimed, alarmed.

Rose gave him a questioning look.

'O-okay. H-His name is Nokay,' he added quickly. Loki glared at him. Steve scolded himself at his stupidity.

Rose frowned. 'Nokay? That's a weird name.'

Rose set Loki down on her lap. The Avenger watched helplessly as she cuddled the baby and conversed with him in baby language. Loki was laughing, giggling and clapping his hands and answering to her questions in ga-gas and go-gos. It was as if she forgot Steve was even there. To the Captain, it felt like Loki was indirectly trying to tell him - Even in this form, women can't help but adore ME!