Chapter 5 - Broken Nose

A/N
Thank you soooooo much for all the reads, votes and the comments! Those are what keeps an author going, right? :P Thank you so much!

PLEASEEE do comment and vote if you like my story... 

...... and here's chapter 5!

The waitress smiled at Loki who seemed to be trying to put a fork through the table, as he kept banging it on the wood.

‘You’re so cute little one,’ she said, pinching his cheeks playfully. Loki hissed. She threw her hands in the air in surrender. ‘Sorry,’ she grinned.

‘Susan!’ the woman on the counter yelled at her. ‘What are you doing? People are waiting!’

‘I – er – yeah – well – ’

‘Get back to work!’

‘Y-Yeah okay.’ Susan glanced uncertainly at Loki. To her eyes he was just a simple baby innocently playing with the fork and salt sprinkler. So she went back to her work.

Hardly a few minutes had passed when three men barged into the café. They wore masks and held guns. People gasped and froze.

‘Now now people, nothing to fear. It’s just a simple burglary,’ the tallest of the three men said.

Loki too paused and looked up at them. Unlike the other people whose expressions were that of fear, Loki’s face held annoyance. Like trying to say – Seriously!? I was just about to conquer this café and here you are intervening. Stupid mortals and their quest for riches!!

The tallest thief turned to the lady at the counter. ‘Turn over EVERYTHING, you hear me, if you don’t want any tragedy.’

‘As for you lot,’ another thief turned to the people sitting in the café, waving his gun at them dangerously. ‘You can calmly walk out after handing us all your belongings. C’mon now, make a line.’

An elderly woman was the first to surrender. She gave them her purse and tried to walk out but the robber stopped her.

‘Not so fast lady. Your necklace and earrings.’

Unwillingly she obeyed and rushed out.

‘The rest of you,’ the third one shouted. ‘After her! Come OUT!’ The people got to their feet uncertainly.

‘Yes darling, pour out everything,’ the first burglar told the woman at the counter who was emptying the drawer of money into his bag. ‘Even the – ’

‘GA – GA!’

Every head turned to Loki, who till now sat unnoticed. He was glaring at the three burglars as if saying – GET OUT OF THIS CAFÉ NOW!!!! I’m hungry…

‘Ow look, a baby standing up against us!’ the third thief laughed. He made his way towards Loki and knelt beside the table so to be level with him. ‘Such a cute little thing isn’t he?’

He poked at Loki’s nose. The god narrowed his eyes and very cunningly bit his finger.

Letting out a sharp cry the man snatched back his hand, probably scowling at the baby under his mask. As for Loki, he smirked.

‘Stop fooling around Rob and get to work,’ said the one standing at the counter.

‘Yes Gal, whatever you say,’ Rob replied in disgust, massaging his finger which had started to bleed. He pushed the person nearest to him, yelling at him to hand over his wallet and watch and even his shoes.

One by one the people surrendered their possessions and walked out of the café.

By this time Loki had managed to climb down the table and he now sat on the floor playing with a ball-like thing. But no one seemed to notice him.