Chapter 2 - Death Sentence

A/N

Thanks for the reads! I really need to thank my friend Zenna who helped me in forming the outline of this story! Also, I thank my younger brother for helping me plan out the various pranks (which starts from the next chap)! So... CHAPTER 2 guys! Feedbacks would be heavenly!

...............................................................................................................................................

'Stark? What are you doing here?' Natasha asked, surprised to see the billionaire sitting on the table with Steve.

'Don't ask!' he replied, laughing slightly.

'What happened?' Clint asked, taking his seat. 'Do you know why we're called?'

'Stark knows but he won't say,' Steve replied.

'It's complicated guys,' he answered. 'I'll go mad trying to explain to it you. Also you'll think I'm drunk!'

Ignoring Tony, Natasha said, 'It looks like the Avengers thing. The four of us, together. Only missing are Bruce, Sersha and Thor!'

'You're SO right. Sersha is with Fury, and I'm sure SHIELD doesn't want Banner into this. As for Thor, I think he is on his way here!'

'What do you mean, Stark? Is it about Loki?' Clint asked.

Tony laughed again. 'Actually it - '

'BUT YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!! That's so unfair!'

Everybody looked towards the door to find Fury march in, followed by Sersha, yelling on top of her voice.

'He came to you, Richards, so he's totally your responsibility!' Fury barked. 'You - '

'Awww... who's that adorable little thing with you, Sersha?' Clint broke in, seeing the baby Sersha was holding.

'Believe me, Legolas, he's NOT AT ALL adorable,' Tony said between his laughter.

'But, Fury... you can't do this to me!' Sersha said, ignoring the others.

'I surely can, Richards!' Fury answered. 'Moreover, the entire fault is YOURS!'

'H - How come it's fault? I didn't turn him into th - '

'No, but he came to you. So it's your responsibility - '

'Just because he came to me doesn't make me responsible! The whole of SHIELD is in charge for taking care of - '

'Don't you dare shove this burden upon me, upon SHIELD! You - '

'Whoa whoa guys,' Natasha broke in, 'what's wrong!'

This time, Fury and Sersha broke their argument and turned to the others.

'This,' Sersha said, placing Loki on the table. He happily got to all fours and crawled up to where Steve sat, laughing.

'Who is he?' Natasha asked.

Before Sersha could reply, Steve cried, getting to his feet. 'God Sersha... how could you do that?' Loki halted, staring up at the huge man with his mouth slightly ajar.

Sersha frowned, 'What did I do?'

'T -This is your son? And Loki's?'

'WHY DOES EVERYBODY KEEP THINKING THAT???' Sersha yelled as her hands burst into flames.

'Sersha calm down,' Clint said, alarmed.

She took a deep breath and the fire extinguished. 'The next person who calls him my son is going to end up as a barbecue!' she said. 'T - That's Loki... NOT MY SON!'

'Loki's son?' Natasha frowned.

'No! This is Loki.' With this Sersha explained everything (for the third time). 'And he turned into a baby,' she ended to find everyone - excluding Tony and Fury - gaping at her, speechless. The only sound was Loki's giggling as he tried to pull Tony's million-dollars watch out of his hands. The billionaire scowled at him before shooing him away. He let out a cry before crawling up to Sersha.

'You sure he's Loki?' Steve asked, doubtfully.

'Yes,' Sersha snapped, still angry at him.

'What do we do now?' Clint questioned.

'Thor,' Sersha answered. 'Thor is the only one who can help. And... I am sure he'll come. The moment he finds out Loki is not on Asgard, he'll come looking -.'

'For his "little" brother,' Clint added, laughing.

'- And till he gets here, we'll have to look after Loki,' Sersha ended, ignoring Clint.

'Okay... but what do you mean by "we'll have to look after him"?' Steve asked.

'I suggested,' Fury said, 'thatRichards should take care of him since - '

'Which is completely unfair,' Sersha interrupted. 'I say we take turns. 24 hours each!'

'But why should we do that?' Natasha said. 'He tried to take over the world. I say we throw him in some garbage dump.' As if he could understand it, Loki hissed at her.

'Shut up Nat. Thor will kill all of us if something happens to Loki. We'll have to take turns. Please, you can't just thrust Loki's responsible on me. Let's vote. Steve?'

He hesitated for a moment but then said, 'Alright Sersha. I'm with you.' She suppressed a grin as she realized he sided her as an apology for what he said earlier! She then turned to Tony, who shook his head, saying, 'I am - under no conditions - going to babysit the person who tried to kill me.' At this, she glared at him, before turning to Clint.

'Well... he doesn't look like he can be of much trouble so... alright Sersha, I'm in.'

'Yeah!!! Director?' she turned to Fury.

'Well alright then. Each of you - '

'Wait but it is tie!' Natasha and Tony complained.

Fury continued, ignoring them, 'will take turns to look after Loki for 24 hours. We'll start with Barton, and then Richards, Rogers, Romanoff and Stark and it'll again come back to Barton. Till Thor comes!' With this, Fury marched out.

'But why am I first?' Clint asked.

'He's going alphabetically, Clint,' Sersha said, picking Loki up and handing him to the archer. 'Don't hurt him, don't throw him and most importantly, don't kill him! Well then, see ya tomorrow Clint!' With a wave, Sersha walked out. The others too wished him luck before leaving him standing alone with Loki!