CHAPTER EIGHT

ROMY sat in the truck, laughing at Chris turning up rock music

ROMY sat in the truck, laughing at Chris turning up rock music. "Fuckin' game day, bitches!" he cheered. Harcourt shut the music off, while Chris groaned.

"So, it's just the six of us against an alien invasion?"

"Well, I was counting Murn, just not dye-beard back there because he's fucking useless." Chris scoffed.

"Dude, what'd I say?" Leota scoffed.

"Sorry, Economos, geez!" Chris complained.

"That sounded very sincere, thank you very much."

Chris held up a CD, and soon 11th street kids started playing. Chris was bopping his head up and down just as they pulled into the bottling company. "Shame," Harcourt said with no emotion, "We're here."

Romy laughed, and she checked her weapons. Her knives were wrapped on her thigh. Her pistol, which was tucked in her holster, and her gloves, were wrapped around like boxers. "Isn't that overkill?" Leota asked her.

"Well, somebody's dying today. If it's not a butterfly, it's one of the assholes on my list." Romy cocked her gun, stepping out of the car. Adrian grabbed her, the two moving a little off to the side. "Hey," she smiled, pecking his cheek.

"Stay safe, the only blood I wanna see on you is if it's not your own." Adrian grinned. Sometimes Romy forgot he was a psychopath, and that his emotions ranged drastically. He kissed her quickly, going back up into the truck and turning on a chainsaw.

"No!" Harcourt scolded.

"What?" Adrian laughed.

"You're not taking that in there."

"I can't hear you, this thing's so fucking loud!"

"You're not bringing that," Harcourt repeated once he turned it off.

"Hey, I agree with Peacemaker. We can't go in there unprepared."

"We don't even know that there are butterflies in there," Harcourt argued.

"Come on, please?" Harcourt and Romy stared at him. "Ah, come on! I'm never going to kill someone with a fucking chainsaw! It's not fair," He whined, closing the truck.

Leota and Harcourt did rock, paper, and scissors. "Vigilante, Romy, you're with me. We'll check the bays around back."

"Why do you get both of the psychopaths?" Leota asked.

"Because I need someone who won't hesitate if Barlowe goes mad." Romy scoffed a little at how insensitive it sounded. "Plus, you'll be fine. He's got his shitty dove of peace."

They got to the back, and Romy held up her pistol wearily. Adrian was right behind her, Harcourt in front of them both. They got to one of the packages, and Harcourt flipped open her knife to open it up. She pulled out the familiar jar of the honey-like liquid.

"That shit they eat," Harcourt informed them in their mics, "There are literally thousands of boxes of them here. This could be the distribution hub to the whole country,"

Romy turned, watching the place carefully. Harcourt tapped her shoulder, and they watched a guard jump way higher than any human could. "Fuck," she whispered, following the two.

They ran, and Romy took out her knives. "You ready, Barlowe?" Harcourt asked.

"Close the gate, and... I'm sorry." She apologized. Though Adrian protested, not wanting to leave her alone, Harcourt locked the gate.

"Are you fucking crazy?!" Adrian cursed at Harcourt.

"You're a sociopath! You don't even have feelings!" She argued.

"I'm a psychopath, thank you! Which means I do have feelings, they're just intense!" Adrian and Harcourt were arguing the difference, and Romy tapped on the fence gate.

The two snapped out of their argument, seeing the butterflies mercilessly shredded open and dissected. Romy's face was covered in blood, and she had wiped it off of her eyes. "Let me out please?" Adrian hugged her, checking to make sure she wasn't injured. She only sustained some cus to her clothing, little nicks but nothing else.

"You look so hot right now," Adrian whispered, making Romy smile and laugh. They locked themselves behind what seemed like a computer room. Harcourt informed John, and a growl took the three out of focus.

"There's a fucking-" Harcourt got slammed over, and Romy was thrown off to the side as well. Adrian was thrown off, and she groaned wearily. A loud explosion sounded on the other side of the door, making Romy groan.

The gorilla attacked Chris once he walked in. Romy groaned, laying on the ground. Harcourt shot at the gorilla multiple times, and Romy threw her pistol for Harcourt to use. Before she could, the gorilla knocked Harcourt off, slamming her into a metal rack.

"Is this gorilla on fucking 'roids?!" Romy shouted. A chainsaw sounded, and blood began to splatter everywhere. John drilled the chainsaw through the gorilla's body, and Romy turned away in fear she would throw up if she saw any more.

Chris cheered on Economos.

|

They all got back to the car, 11th street kids playing as they danced along. Romy was taking a wet rag to her face, looking at harcourt. "Did I get it all off?" Harcourt shook her head, pointing to her temples.

Adrian danced goofily, making Romy laugh. "Join in, Mills!" He cheered.

"Mills?" Economos asked.

Adrian nodded, and Romy began dancing as well. He laughed, taking the rag from her. Gently, he cupped her face and wiped the blood off of her face. "You still look really hot,"

"I need a shower," Romy told him, leaning into his side. Leota 'awwed' as he wrapped an arm around her, letting her cuddle into him.

"I better be the maid of honor!" Leota said, making Romy raise her eyebrows. "Peacemaker can be best man or whatever, but Emerson's coming to the wedding!"

"What wedding? I fuckin' love weddings!" Chris asked.

"Adrian and Romy's wedding, apparently."

"We haven't even gone on a fourth date yet, guys." Romy declined.

"Really? I could see us getting married," Adrian said, looking down at her. They got into Romy's car, driving to Adrian's house. "You can't see us getting married?" he asked, his face morphing into a small frown.

"I'm not thinking that far ahead, Adrian," Romy told him, rubbing his hand soothingly. "Last night, we talked about moving in together. It's cute and fun to fantasize, but we're just taking it one step at a time right now."

Adrian nodded. "I really like you though. And I'm a psychopath, apparently the way I process emotions is different. But I know that I like you, Mills." He told her.

Adrian didn't receive any words back, instead, she just caressed his cheek and kissed him tenderly. Adrian kissed her back, the car parked outside of his walkway.

Slowly, the kiss became heated, their bodies radiating warmth. Adrian took off his chest pieces, turning the radio up. Mills giggled, falling into the backseat, Adrian falling on top of her. She removed her shirt, as Adrian fumbled with his pants. The temperature in the car rose, and Cypress Hill sounded as messy, foggy handprints formed from the heat of the car.