CHAPTER ELEVEN

ROMY walked back out, slamming a thug on the side of the face with the end of her gun

   ROMY walked back out, slamming a thug on the side of the face with the end of her gun. Twirling it back around, she shot two in the heart before receiving a hit in the face. She groaned, her body a little sore and tired. Romy punched him back, dropping him onto the ground.

   "Get back in the kitchen, you fucking whore." He spat, Romy began to only see red as she cupped his face, continuing to place pressure on it until she broke his jaw with her hand.

   "Say it again." Romy raged, beating him dead with a club she grabbed from another random thug. She swung the club around her body, slamming it into someone else's chest. Before Romy could do any more damage, a blast of orange collided with her chest. Romy skids backward, her back falling against the pavement.

   She hummed, suppressing her groan as she tried to get back up. Romy's body rocked, her ears ringing as she tried to make sense of what was happening. Romy was able to stand herself up, her body swaying dangerously. "Come on," She murmured, her eyelids fluttering as she fought to stay awake. "Come at me."

   Her body was lifted and slammed back into the ground as she tried to fight. Another body was on top of her own, punching continuously into her face until a pair of hands grabbed them, throwing them off of her. "Holy shit, Romy," Chris fretted, "You're bleeding out, like, a fuck ton." Chris moved to have Romy lie against the car.

   "First-aid..." She murmured, her eyelids continuing to try and close.

   "No, don't you go to fucking sleep." Chris scolded her, slapping her face lightly to keep her awake. Her eyes turned from Chris' face, seeing his father dead.

   "Did you...?" She nodded toward the dead body. Chris nodded, looking down. "Hey," She looked at him, tapping his chin. Chris looked up at her. "I know this sucks, but in the long run... you saved a bunch of people from having to go through what they wanted to do. You saved good people."

   "I should've done it earlier." Chris shook his head.

   "You were forced to grow up in a shitty household with him," Romy shifted her body, Chris instantly moving to try and help her. "Nobody expected you to do it. It's not easy... but you did it."

   "Yeah," Chris hummed, "Do you... Do you know what this is like?" He looked up at Romy.

"Yeah," Romy coughed, "I know what this is like."

He exhaled, nodding. Chris moved out of the way, letting Adrian pick her up. They all filed back into the car, John taking the front seat now. She fought to stay awake, as they halted at a veterinarian's hospital. The vets stitched Eagly up, and one of the doctors even stitched Romy up and gave her some pain relief medicine.

   The four of them heard tires screeching to a halt, Harcourt and Leota walking out. "What's going on?" Harcourt asked, walking into the back where they all were.