Chapter 13: Going Back

- Nikusa's POV -

He has a hold of my hand now, as if he were hugging a teddy bear. I've tried many ways to let go without interrupting his sleep, but none of them have worked out.

I sit on a small chair beside the bed and watch as Y/n continues to cuddle my hand. I feel quite flustered, as it would be embarrassing if someone were to come into the room.

I lean against the wall close to me and wait, hoping he will let go.

- Third POV -

As time passes, Nikusa can't help but remember the words Y/n said earlier: "Mom, please don't go." She wonders what happened to his parents and looks at Y/n, who is still mumbling in his sleep, albeit more quietly now.

"No... No... Please... Ugh... Mom, dad..."

It seems Y/n is having a nightmare, so Nikusa leans over to try to comfort and calm him down. She holds his other hand, which he is gripping tightly, and whispers, "Shh, shh. Calm down, everything will be alright." She thinks to herself that it must be a serious nightmare.

As she comforts him, Y/n slowly starts to calm down, and his breathing returns to normal. His face is no longer stressed out. Nikusa is glad and doesn't even notice that her other hand is free now. She stays there and watches over him.

-Next day-

The sun starts to rise as its light shines on the curtains, the birds continued to chirp as the air flows through inside the curtains. A yawn can be heard as we watch Y/n lean up slowly, he noticed someone was holding his hands as he turn to look to the other side was, Nikusa. He yelp as he was confused as to why she was here until he analyze the situation.

He looked to see that he was in his room, he remembered sleeping on the couch last night, waiting for them to comeback but it took too long that he was able to sleep due to tiredness, and then the next thing here in his room.

After realizing the situation, he slowly gets up as he stretch abit for another day. He look to his side to see Nikusa, sitting on a small chair, arms on the side of the bed as her head lays down on one of them. Y/n then covered her up with a blanket, though some of the cloth only covered it up abit since she was big. He then went on to get the towel that was hang on the side of the wall, heading at the bathroom.

Meanwhile, a low groggy can be heard as Nikusa twitches her eyes abit as seem to be adjusting as she finds the light outside the curtain hitting her eye. She then noticed Y/n is out of bed. She leans up noticing the small blanket covering her back as she hold on to it.
She fixes her posture as to be sitting down while leaning on the wall. Her head still a dazed since she stayed up all night.

She then heard a sound of a shower running in the bathroom, then all of a sudden it had turned off. She then realize, hurriedly took the blanket that was covering her as she used it as a cover for her eyes. A creak of a door can be heard as it slowly opens.

Behind those blanket, hides the sheer worry and panic as she's about to face. Loud and clear as the door opens widely. "Oh, good... morning?", Y/n said as she stood up infront of the bathroom as he closes the door behind him. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm not looking!!" Waving her other hand as she said in purfused flustered. Y/n sat on the side of the bed as he look at her in confusion. She can feel a finger tapping  her forehead as she slowly removes the blanket. "You alright?" He said as he finally see her face, flustered. She still trying close her eyes and look away to the other side trying to not look at Y/n's bod-
He had already worn some clothes...  Not only the sheer panic and flustered, now she's embarrassed of the situation, the fact he is there beside her just looked in confusion.
"A-ah, nevermind...", she said in a low tone.