13.

THE THREE of us ran outside, approaching Sersi. She was sitting there, still as a statue with her eyes closed. Sprite and Ikaris crouched down on each side of her, while I stood across from them, arms crossed over my chest, on the other side of Ajak's corpse, which I tried my best to ignore and not look at.

"Sersi?" Sprite asked her placing a hand on her shoulder. Then her eyes opened. "Sersi! Are you okay?"

"What happened Sersi?" Ikaris asked, sounding like he didn't care about her well-being whatsoever. 

"Sersi, please, use your words." I told her calmly. 

She looked at the three of us, then after a couple of seconds, she spoke. "The sphere that Ajak used to talk to Arishem, it came out of her body and went inside me."

"Did you talk with Arishem?" Ikaris furrowed his brows.

"Yes, he said: it's almost time." My eyes widened, so I was right, it was starting. The earthquake must've been a side effect of the Emergence then.

"Can you try talking to him again?" Sprite recommended. 

"I don't know how." She sighed looking down.

"But she chose you to replace her. And she gave you the sphere." Sprite continued, believing she could.

"Hold on Sprite. Are you sure you talked with Arishem?" Ikaris asked, multiple steps behind.

"Yes, she did, keep up. What else could it be?" I scoffed, running a hand through my hair.

"Mahd Wy'ry."

I looked at the three in confusion. "Mahd Wy'ry is just a myth. You know that, Ikaris."

"No, it's not." Sersi looked up at me, sadly.

"What are you talking about?" I stared, bewildered at what they were getting at.

"Thena had it. Your brother chose to protect her when we split up. She was too dangerous to be alone." Sersi continued. 

"Thena had Mahd Wy'ry..?" I whispered to myself, no one told me this. I always saw Thena as a kind of older sister.

"We thought you knew?" Sprite started turning to me.

"Well, Sprite, I haven't talked or seen any of you in 2 millennials." I reminded them.  

── · .゚☆: 5 DAYS BEFORE EMERGENCE, MUMBAI :☆゚. · ──

On the set of Legend of Ikaris, we were on the lookout for Kingo. They were filming a scene which was quite.. extra. Kingo was dancing with other people and walking around the fake room. Then a man approached us. 

"Welcome, I am Karun Patel. Kingo's valet." He introduced himself. "It's truly an honour to be in the presence  of the great Eternals."

We snapped our heads at him, he knew what we were? Damn it, Kingo and his big mouth. I stood in between Ikaris and Sersi, just to make it less awkward for them I guess. Then the song ended and someone was doing touch-ups on Kingo's hair. He froze when he saw us, well more like me.

"Irene!?" He squealed, walking slowly towards me.

"Oh, right. I'm still dead to everyone.." I mumbled, forgetting about that aspect. "Hi, movie star." I tease, smirking. 

He wrapped me in his strong arms, giving me a hug which I gladly returned. "How are you alive?"

"Long story short, I was pushed into the ocean, but never died." I shrugged once he pulled away.

"Ahhh.. Hello boss! Perfect timing! Welcome to the set of Legend of Ikaris! I'm playing you, you like the costume?" He exclaimed forgetting about how I was alive but thought I was dead a minute ago.

"We need to talk." Ikaris stated.

"Tell the director I have some notes for him..."

"We need to talk to you in private." Sprite said pointing at Karun. 

"Oh, Karun? He's worked with me for 50 years, I trust him completely. Actually, when we first met, he thought I was a vampire and tried to stake me through-" 

I held my hand out and froze his mouth, getting impatient, we were wasting time and we needed to go. Now. "Kingo, this is very important. Karun, would you mind getting everyone out of here?"

He nodded hesitantly, walking off and yelling at people in Hindi. Sprite turned back to the star. "Ajak's dead."

I let go of him, for him to grieve and speak. He looked at the ground, the excited mood turned down to a sad one. 

"She was killed. It was a deviant." Ikaris added. "The deviants are back. We don't know how many there are. You need to come with us now."

Kingo turned to his right and walked closer to the larger square exit door, where all the actors and extras were waiting. "I can't just go. I mean, all the people depend on me. We just started shooting this movie. It's the first of our trilogy. We just got BTS to do a cameo.."

We walked closer, as Karun went to stand beside Kingo. "Sir, may I say something?"

"Please don't say anything."

"I think you should go." Karun continued.

"I just said: don't say anything." Kingo raised his voice a bit at his valet.

"Life affords no greater duty than to protect one's family! Remember? It's your favourite line from The Shadow Warrior 2: Voyage of Time. Your family needs you."

And thanks to Karun, him and Kingo were on his jet in an hour with us. Now, it was time to get my brother and his lady.