20.

I LOOKED out the window of the Druig's cabin, which I was staying in for the night - with him of course. I looked outside nervously, picking at my lip. Druig sat on the bed, confused at why I was fidgeting like that. "Are you okay, gorgeous?"

I turned my head around, sighing. "Yeah, I'm fine. It's just... something feels off."

"Maybe it's just us being back together." He smirked smugly.

"Druig, this is serious. The deviants are back. They could be in the trees just waiting for the right moment to kill us." I scoffed at his joke, turning back to the window. 

He nodded slowly, standing up and walking to me. Druig wrapped his arms around my waist from behind, planting his lips on my exposed shoulder. I was now wearing my tank top, cargo pants, and my combat boots. Druig was wearing a sleeveless white shirt and black baggy pants pinched at the ends. 

"Sorry, sweetheart." He murmured against my skin.

"It's fine. I just don't want anyone to die tonight - especially one of us." I referred to we Eternals. 

"None of us will, don't worry." He reassures me, detaching his lips from my shoulder.

I took a deep breath shutting my eyes and reopening them. I turned to face him, resting my hands on his shoulders. "You're probably right."

Druig smiled down at me, attaching his mouth to mine in a sweet long kiss. Suddenly we heard Sersi yelling outside. 

"Clear the camp!" She yelled, but slightly muffled because she was quite far. 

We pulled apart, looking at each other. "I told you!"

"Not the time, gorgeous!" He replied getting his shoes and I grabbed my hoodie, pulling in on.

I ran out the door, not waiting up for Druig. I saw Sersi being thrown into another cabin, harshly. I sprinted towards her quickly. "Sersi!"

She groaned as I helped her up. I heard heavy footsteps and looked to my right. The deviant was running at us and about to attack at any second. Then gunshots rang through the air. I looked around and saw the humans shooting it with shotguns in their arms. The tail of it swung around, sweeping people off their feet. 

Druig finally presented himself, jumping over its tail to grab a gun. He ran up its back and shot it, whirling back onto the floor. And I thought Ikaris was dramatic.

"Irene!" Sersi hollered catching my attention. 

I turned around and got her message, the tree she had just turned to ice was going to fall onto the deviant as a cage. All it needed was a kick with my enhanced strength. I stood in front of it, spinning around a shoving it down with a strike. 

The trunk and branches fell on the creature, encasing it. Druig quickly jumped away, a hair away from being impaled by a thick branch. 

Then I heard Kingo yell. "Sprite! Buy me some time!"

I saw Sprite draw her small katana and stab the deviant in its face, holding onto it. I rushed to them, drawing an arm and holding it in place. "Sprite, you can let go!" I informed her.

Sprite jumped off, turning invisible again. Kingo stood there, powering up an energy blast. I was starting to get impatient. "Could you hurry up?"

He finally finished, sliding under the deviant and shooting its head off. Its blood oozed out and onto Kingo's face and body. "Karun! Did you get that!?"

"I did, sir!" He yelled back with, yet another, camera.

Irene, a little help! Druig's voice yelled in my head.

I looked back to where he was last finding a deviant about to pounce on him. I held both arms out, a gold glow emitting from my palms, spreading them as wide as possible and smashed my hands together, making the attacker explode.

Druig sighed in relief, lying down on the church porch. I walked over to him and held a hand out. "Come on, darling. There's still deviants, our works not done yet."