III

As soon as I got home I ran to my room and shut the door. Finally I was at peace. No one to annoy me now. I sighed happily and plopped down on my bed. I closed my eyes to bask in the silence that inhabited my room only for my damn phone to ding. I groaned and looked up to grab my phone. Whoever is texting me better have a good explanation for this or I'm going to be super pissed off. And no one wants that.

I looked at my screen to see a notification that someone had followed my insta. What the hell? I never give out my socials. Karl doesn't even have them. He only has my number and discord. I clicked on the message and it went straight to insta. I looked through my notifs to see that Dream followed me. Jesus Christ. This dude really doesn't stop does he? Then as I thought it couldn't get worse he dm'd me.

I click the message to see what he had to say.

Dream
Hey. I found your insta through a mutual follower. I figured maybe if I texted you that you would feel more comfortable talking to me

I couldn't believe my eyes. Why? Why does he want to know me so badly? I sighed but decided to answer him.

Oh hi. Why are you so interested in talking to me? Not trying to be rude! Just wondering.

Dream
I don't know. You seem cool? I don't really know how to describe it. I've wanted to talk to you for awhile but never got the chance until now

Oh.

Dream
Yeah. How was your day? I know you don't talk much but I'm gonna make you talk to me at least a little

We will see about that.

Dream
You're gonna love talking to me just you wait

Okay sure. My day was okay to answer your question.

Dream
That's good! Mine was pretty average. Some of my friends are kinda assholes but other than that it was alright.

Well. Not to be rude but half of you football jocks think you guys own the school

Dream
Yeah... I'm not one for that though. I don't really encourage that behavior

I can tell. You're talking to a freak who doesn't speak to anyone but his comfort person

Dream
You're not a freak. Just reserved. For the right person

Yeah. I guess so

Dream
I can be that right person if you let me...

Slow your roll there tall boy. I don't know about that one

Dream
Well keep talking to me and you'll soon figure it out

I don't know... half of your "friends" are big douches to me and my friends

Dream
As long as you're around me and associated with me that won't happen

So you're gonna be my protector now?

Dream
I mean. Yeah sure

Hmm. I think I can handle myself

Dream
I'm sure you could. But they won't stop unless you're around me

I guess so

Dream
Tell me more about yourself

What's more to know? My name is Sapnap and I don't talk

Dream
You don't gotta be so difficult shortie. Here I'll start. My real name is Clay but everyone calls me Dream because I force them too. Im 6'1 and apparently intimidating but I promise I'm not an asshole like others think. I like to make new friends and hang out with the ones I currently have. Oh I also play minecraft. Yeah I'm a nerd I know.

Im not short! You're just dramatically tall. Im 5'5. I like minecraft as well. I don't make friends. Im selective mute. And I only usually talk to Karl.

Dream
5'5 is short

It is not! It's average height

Dream
Whatever you say shortie

Oml fuck off

Dream:
Why you so salty-

I hate you-

Dream:
Sure you do.

I smiled at my phone and rolled my eyes before turning it off. I looked at the time on my alarm clock to see it was now 8:45. Damn I can't believe I talked to Dream that long. I sighed and set my phone on my bedside table while plugging it in. I then laid down and looked up at the ceiling.

My mind instantly wandered to the conversation we had. I can't believe it. I actually enjoyed talking to him. It feels weird to think that. It feels weird that I kinda feel comfortable with him. It's like he single handedly knocked down all my walls with just one word. I don't know how to feel about that.

I'm gonna keep my guard up just incase. I still don't know why he suddenly takes interest in me. I feel I'm still some part of bet between the whole football team. I'm not going to get myself played. Not again. Not after him..

I shake him from my thoughts and closed my eyes with a sigh. Soon I find myself drifting off into a deep sleep.

Dreams pov
I frowned as I noticed he left me on read. Realizing the time I figured he went to sleep. I sighed and shut off my phone setting it aside. This was easier than I thought it would be. He actually talked to me. And for a good amount of time.

I lay down and cover myself up. I start thinking about just how unique he is. How he still keeps his guard up even when there's no signs that he will get hurt. I start to wander about his past. Why doesn't he talk? He seems good at texting and keeping a conversation. Why is he mute?

I decided to leave it be and closed my eyes. I start to drift off into a nice peaceful sleep.