VIII

All I could focus on was the immense pain shooting through my body. I knew I had to move though. Get out of that house before he tries anything else. At this point I still have no idea whether or not Dream would come. Especially since we fought. Finally I coughed up enough courage to get up. I leaned heavily onto the door. But before I could turn the knob I felt my body fall into someone's arms.

"Oh god. It's okay Sap. I've got you." Let me tell you at that moment I've never felt so safe in my entire life. I felt him gently grab ahold of me so he could carry me to his car. I gripped onto his hoodie and burrowed my face into his chest. Soon I felt him gently lay me onto the seat. I whined as I didn't want to be put down. "It's okay Sap. I'm taking you back to my house."

He hood into the driver seat and starts the car. I leaned against the window trying my hardest to hold back tears. How my father found out about Dream i've got no clue. But I do know that I won't be going back there. Not for awhile anyways. I seemed to have spaced out because before I knew it we were already at Dreams house.

He got out and quickly came to my aid. I decided I would be okay to walk. Still he wouldn't let go of me just incase I did fall. We make it inside and he took me straight to the bathroom. He picked me up and sat me down on the counter before going through the drawers trying to find what I assume an emergency kit. I just sat there staring at the wall.

I felt a gauze strip brush against my eye. I winced as he taps the cut. "Shhh it's okay. I'm sorry if it hurts but I gotta clean it." I only nodded. I didn't feel like talking right now. And quite frankly I don't think I could without breaking down fully. Soon he cleans me up and we go back to his room. I sit down on his bed and hug my knees burying my head within them.

I feel him sit besides me. He starts to rub my back but I flinched. I knew he wouldn't hit me. But I couldn't help it. "It's okay Sap." I lean into his side still staying quiet. I don't know what I would even say. 'Hey thank you for saving me from my abusive dad also fuck you still for accepting the dare?' yeah I don't think so.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I shake my head and close my eyes trying my hardest to stop the tears that were already flowing down my cheeks. He gently lifts me chin so I was looking at him and wipes my tears. "You're safe now okay? You don't have to go back." I nodded showing him I knew. He looks away and sighs. "I'm sorry about that dumb dare." "Can we not talk about that?" "Just hear me out okay?" I hesitantly nodded. "I'm really sorry. Before talking to you I was just another stupid asshole of a jock. I thought everything was about winning and I only thought about myself. But after meeting you and talking to you, you helped me realize that I shouldn't be thinking about only myself. Talking to you was quite literally the best thing I could have done. I don't regret it one bit. You make me a better person Sap."

I sit there for a moment not saying anything. "I understand if you don't want anything to do with me now. And I understand if you don't accept my apology. But I want you to know that I am truly sorry. And that I am very greatful that I met you." I looked up at him and smiled. "Thank you. I can tell that you mean it. And I can tell that you aren't that much of an asshole." He chuckles a bit at my enthusiasm on 'that'.

He looks at me with an expression I can't quite read. But as I continue to stare into his eyes I realize the only thing I see in them is sincerity and love. Sounds cringey as fuck I know but until you actually see it you can't judge. I watched as he leaned closer to me and finally our lips met. It was short but it was sweet. It made me feel safe and cared for. After a bit we both decided to lay down. I cuddled into his chest and for the first time I felt like I was home. As he plays with my hair I feel my eyes close and soon I finally relax.

a/n
sorry this chapter took awhile to get out. i still don't know how i feel about the way this chapter came out but whatever lmao. hope you enjoy despite this being really shitty- also sorry for going ghost a lot. i'm not really the absolute best at this. and quite frankly didn't think this book would reach as much as it did. i have really bad ADHD and anxiety so that's mostly why i disappear- LMAO but yeah enjoy!