MOVIES MAYBE

It started on Friday Neha polished the tiles.

Dominque's eyes followed her gestures. She wasn't very talkative. If Dominque didn't spark the match to a conversation, the woman didn't speak. The man learned it didn't mean Neha didn't want to engage in a conversation. Neha wasn't the type of woman to talk for the sake of it. She poured her emotions into songs.

For the rest, she remained collected. The trait contrasted with what she portrayed. One had to know her to understand how interior she was.

Of course, she reminded Dominque, the other woman, who spoke little. Silent women attracted him because he knew how passionate they were behind closed doors.

Neha was in a world of her own. The man liked watching her work, but he preferred when they interacted. Dominque cleared his throat.

"Jashiri."

"Hmm."

"What are your plans for tomorrow?" Dominque asked.

"Tomorrow, I'm working from 6 PM to 3 AM. Why?"

"Just like that," Dominque replied and added, "how about on Sunday?"

"I'm off. I'll probably sleep all day. Why?" She asked without lifting her gaze from her task.

"I just wanted to know what you had planned."

"Well, as you can see, it's routine," Neha said.

"Let's break it."

Neha cocked a brow, "break what?"

"Your routine. I thought perhaps we could see each other outside of this house."

Neha turned and faced him, "outside?"

"Yeah, we couldㅡ. I don't know, go and watch a movie and eat out," the man said and swiped a hand behind his head.

"I've got Netflix and all the movies I want."

Dominque heard the slap sound effect with her answer. That was Neha for you, plain upfront blunt.

"Jashiri, I'm talking about cinema, Imax screen, popcorn," Dominque said. The enthusiasm in his voice was palpable. He wanted this. No, he needed to have fun with someone he appreciated. He and Neha had come a long way since their first encounter, and the man wished to come closer.

"That's called a date."

Dominque didn't know what the correct answer or what Neha expected was. He just went with the feeling. "Yeah, it's a date if you want. You can call it an outing whether suits you," the man added.

Neha pushed up her glasses, "why?"

Of course, she had to be pragmatic and have the man spell everything out in bold letters, "because all we do is paint, glue, polish and install. I want us to do something that doesn't involve overalls and rent. I want to spend some time with you. Is it too much to ask?"

Dominque was a broken record who wished to swap the songstress of his life and have Neha do a cover, see a remix. It seemed the man refused to let go of the idea of them. Neha only saw doom.

"Dom."

"It's casual," the man sighed, dropped his brush, and walked up to her, "I just want to hang out with you. You, Jashiri, the woman, not the tenant or the doctor."

His intentions couldn't be more explicit. Dominque made Neha break a sweat and warm between her thighs. Never had a man aroused her the way Dominque did. The man didn't even need to put in the effort.

Neha wondered what would happen if he stepped out the boundaries and attempted something.

Neha stepped back, "okay."