Chapter 2

6:30 a.m.

Y/n was staring at herself in the mirror.

"I know you can do it." "Don't make a fool of yourself," she said quietly.

She went down the stairs. "Hey, ma,"

Her mother said, "Y/n, here's breakfast."

"Oh no, I'll just get some bread," she says.

"Are you sure? You might starve."

Y/n stated, "I'm going to be fine." "I'll be going now; I don't want to be late for work," she chuckled. She gave her mother a kiss on the cheek.

As she walked out the door, her mother yelled, "Be careful!"

She yelled back, "I'll try not to break anything!"

She was on her way to the Madrigal's. She greeted everyone she passed. She was eating her almost-falling bread.

Finally, she arrived at their home. She was about to knock. The door swung open. Señora Alma was already there

"You've arrived!" Señora Alma exclaimed.

Y/n stated, "Well, I'm ready."

She handed me a basket full of pastries and said, "Good! Can you deliver these to Señor Martin?"

Y/n replied, "Yeah, sure."

"Great! Here's the address; Tell him that it's from me."

"Thank you; I'll be back later." Y/n replied

Y/n was admiring the smell of the pastries from the basket. Then she bumps into someone.

She apologized, "Oh gosh, I'm so sorry." She walked away.

As she walked away, the boy stared at her.

"Who was that, Abuela?" the boy questioned.

"Oh, that girl," she replied, "she's one of my helpers, and I asked her to deliver those pastries to Señor Martin."

He asks, "Why do you need a helper?" "We're here."

"No, it's fine; she can help me with some things," she replied.

"What kind of things?" he questioned once more.

"You ask too much, Camilo," she replied. "I'll go outside and look at Isabela's flowers," she added.

Y/n arrived at Señor Martin's and gave him the basket that Señora Alma had given him.

Y/n was going back to Señora Alma.

"Y/n!" exclaimed someone.

"Diego?"

Diego was like a brother to Y/n. He'd always be with Y/n. When they were kids, Y/n's mother would always prepare delicious meals for the two of them. Even right now.

He asked, "Where are you going?"

She replied, "I'm going to Señora Alma."

"Why?"

"I work for her now."

"You're working for her? Cool, you can go see their huge house and their family's magic powers," he said. "How did you get a job there?" he asked. "Can I get a job there too?"

I chuckled. "No, you can't; Señora Alma has just offered me this job."

"UgHH," he mumbled pitifully.

"Anyway," she said, "I have to get back; I'll talk to you later."

At their house.

Señora Alma asked, "So have you delivered the basket?"

"Yes, I gave him the basket, and he said thank you for the welcome gift," Y/n replied.

"Thank you, y/n; there's nothing else I can ask of you, but tomorrow is going to be a very busy day, so be prepared. Isabela's birthday is near. You're going to help me prepare."

"All right, I'll be here," Y/n said. Returning home.

At home. Her mother asked, "Y/n, you're home early. How was your first day?"

"It's fine; Señora Alma only gave me one task, but tomorrow is a busy day, so I'd better be ready."

Her mother questioned, "What's up with tomorrow?"

"Oh, we're preparing for Isabela's birthday," I explained, "and I believe she's the one who grows flowers."

"Well, it's almost lunchtime, so we're going to be eating."

"Great; I'm starving."

Y/n went out to do more chores after eating lunch with her mother. Helping Diego in feeding the donkeys, picking tomatoes, and watering the plants.