Chapter 7

At night. 6:55 pm. It was cold and windy.

Y/n arrived at the lake. She brought a candle with her. "Diego," She quietly said.

"I've been waiting for almost an hour." Diego said.

"Oh my gosh you scared me." She said,

"So? What's the job? " He asked. They both sat.

"Do you know Mirabel?" Y/n asked.

"No." He replied.

"She's the one who doesn't have powers. She's Señora Alma's granddaughter." Y/n said. "Now your job is to talk to her." She added.

"Why?" He asked.

"Don't you want to be a part of the Madrigal?" She asked.

"Wait. So you mean I'll-"

"Yes, you'll make her fall in love with you." She said, cutting off Diego.

"Ohhh. But aren't we too young?" He asked, looking at her.

"You'll just have to start talking first. Make her laugh. When you're both older, you'll be able to court her." She said, "Don't worry, I'll help you." She gave him a pat on the shoulder.

"I don't know... You're not good at this.." He said.

Remembering the last time, he made a new friend. A girl. Y/n, on the other hand, became excited by it. She started teasing him about it.

"What? I am good at this. Remember the last time I made you and Maria close? I think I did a pretty good job on that." She proudly said, crossing her arms together.

"No. You scared her. Now she doesn't want to talk to me, or even look at me." He replied.

"I'm sorry, okay." Y/n said. "She's just overreacting." She whispered and rolled her eyes.

"It's getting late." He stood up.

"Yup, it is. Mom is probably looking for me." She said, they walked away.

The next morning.

She walked to Diego's house. Knocks.

"Good morning Mrs. Dela Cruz!" Y/n greeted her as Mrs. Dela Cruz opened the door.

Mrs. Dela Cruz is Diego's mother.

"Good morning Y/n." She said softly. "Diego! Y/n's here.," She yelled, calling for Diego.

"I'll be down for a second!" He yelled from upstairs.

"So, Diego said you're working for Señora Alma." Diego's mother said.

"Ah yes, I am. Like an assistant.." Y/n replied.

"That's great!" Mrs. Dela Cruz exclaimed.

"I'm here." Diego came down. Wearing decent and elegant clothes. "What are you wearing?" Y/n asked.

"Is there an occasion?" His mother asked.

"What? I can't wear nice clothes?" He asked. Y/n and his mother both laughed.

"Can we just go?" He said with a straight face.

"Okay." Y/n was still laughing.

They were both walking Señora Alma's house. "Okay, remember what I told you." Y/n said. "Make her laugh, don't be weird, and charm her." She added.

"So you mean.... Be myself?" Diego asked.

"No, no. Don't be yourself. That's the worst thing you could do." She said,

"Wow that kind of hurt but ok."

They finally arrived at their house. "Okay, I'll do the talking." Y/n said.

"Good morning Señora!" She greeted Señora Alma. "So.....Diego is here. And he's ready."

"Ah. Perfect." Señora Alma Said. "I'll call Mirabel."

"Mirabel!" She yelled. Mirabel was upstairs. "Coming!" She went down the stairs

"Mirabel, I want you to meet Diego." Señora Alma introduced him.

"Um, hi." Mirabel waved at him.

"He will help you around town." Señora Alma said.

"Oh, sure, great, okay." Mirabel replied.

The four of them were just standing. No talking.

"Oh so you mean now?" Mirabel asked.

"Si" Señora Alma answered.

"Okay, well come with me." Diego followed Mirabel.

They were both walking. "So. You're the one who doesn't have powers." Diego said.

"Yeah. BUT. I'm still happy and definitely not sad or upset." Mirabel said.

"Hmm. But it'll be cool if you have powers. Like, making things float or telekinesis." He said.

"Yeah, or reading minds." She said with excitement.

"How about flying?" He said.

"Yeah, I always wanted to fly. Flying with the birds, oh and touching the clouds!" She exclaimed.

"YES!" He said with excitement. "You know, you're actually really fun." He said.

Going back to Y/n and Señora Alma. They were both looking at Diego and Mirabel.

"Looks like they're having fun." Y/n said.

"Mhm." Señora Alma responded. "I knew I could count on you." She said,

She chuckled. "Is there anything else I can help with?"

"Oh it's okay. You're free to go." Señora Alma replied.

"Thanks. Maybe I'll just go and check on Mirabel and Diego." Y/n said.

She went and followed the two. She was planning on spying. Hiding behind the bushes.

"Are you still going to tell me about yesterday?" Camilo popped out.

"Shhh. What are you doing here?" Y/n whispered.

"I was doing chores when I saw you here." He answered. "What are you doing here?"

"N-nothing." She answered. "It's none of your business."

Y/n continued to look at the two. Camilo looked where she was looking and sat beside her.

"Wait, are you spying?" He asked.

"What, no...." She looked at him. He was slowly leaning towards her, smirking.

"Are you lying?" He quietly asked. Her eyes widened. She pushed his face away from hers.

"Do you mind?" She said, She continued to look at Mirabel and Diego. "Damn it. I lost them." She said, "This is all your fault."

"Camilo?"

"Y/n?" Mirabel and Diego saw them hiding under the bush.

2 CHAPTERS A DAY ;)

TYSM FOR READING <333

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE :))