Chapter 10

Camilo

He went home, tired and exhausted.

"Camilo, where have you been?" His mother asked. He pulled up a chair and sat. "Are you okay? Look, you're sweating." His mother was wiping his sweat with a handkerchief. "I'm fine ma." He answered. "Where were you?" She panicked

"He was with a girl." Mirabel said out of nowhere. Camilo's mother looked at him.

"You were?" His mother asked. Confused.

"Oh, it was Y/n. Abuela's helper. I believe you already saw her." Mirabel said, pouring water into the glass.

"Y/n?" His mother asked again.

"Look, I just helped her. That's all." He answered.

"Hmm. Okay. Go take a shower." His mother said. As he was walking, going upstairs to take a shower, he looked at Mirabel with a scowl. While Mirabel was smirking and raised her eyebrows.

Y/n

Going back to Y/n. "Hey ma." She said as she went inside their house. "Hey. How's today?" Her mother asked. "It's fine." She answered. Someone knocked on the door. "I'll get that." Y/n said. "Diego? What are you doing here?" She whispered. "Can I eat lunch here?" He asked.

"Who's at the door?" Y/n mother asked.

"No- no one." She answered. Her mother walked towards the door. "Diego?" She asked.

"Hey Mrs. L/n. I was wondering if I can eat lunch here." Diego said. Y/n's mother looked at her. Y/n was shaking her head, saying no.

"Yes, why not?" Her mother said.

Damn it. Y/n said in her head.

At the table, they were eating lunch. "Oh I have good news by the way." Diego said, his mouth was full. "I got a job." He said. Y/n's eyes widened. "Wow, what kind of job?" Y/n's mother asked. "Well uh-" Y/n elbowed him. He looked at her, confused. "Don't say it." She whispered.

"Is everything alright?" Y/n's mother asked. They both looked at Y/n's mother. "Nothing. I said I will get to work with Y/n." Diego answered.

"That's great! You guys are really grown up now." Her mother chuckled.

Y/n and Diego awkwardly chuckled. "Yeah, Y/n is even flirting with someone." Diego whispered, while eating.

"What was that?" Y/n's mother looked at Diego. Y/n's eyes widened again.

"Oh I said Y/n is flirting with someone." Diego answered, swallowing his food. "What????" Y/n angrily asked.

"Flirting with who?" Her mother asked. "No, I am not." Y/n punched him on the arm. "No one. I'm not flirting with anyone. Gross." She answered her mom.

"Okay." Her mother chuckled. "It's fine as long as you don't fall in love with him."

"I'm not falling in love, who said I was falling in love???! No one is falling in love." She rapidly said. She took a deep breath.