Chapter 9

The Next Morning

Y/n of course went to Señora Alma for work. "Y/n, I need you to bring those woods to the farm near the house." Señora Alma said. Pointing at the pile of wood.

"Sure." She answered. She went forward to the pile of wood and stared at it. There was a lot. She took a deep breath.

Am I really doing this for free? She thought.

She tried lifting 2 or 3 woods. But it was heavy.

"Need help?" Camilo was leaning on the wood. "Nope, I think I got it." She said while struggling to lift the 3 woods.

Then she dropped it. "Yes." She miserably said. Camilo chuckled.

"You know I have a cousin who can lift anything." He said while trying to carry the wood. "But she's over there lifting donkeys." He said.

"Oh."

"But good thing I'm here." He said. They were both walking towards the farm.

After a while and some talking. They finally put all the wood in the farm.

"Wow, finally." He said in relief.

"Hey. Thanks for helping me, even though you aren't supposed to be."

"It's fine." He said. "You aren't supposed to be doing this too."

"Perhaps you're not so bad after all." She smiled.

"You're not so bad either." He smirked.

"Y/n!" Someone yelled.

They both looked. It was Diego.

"Hey." Diego came up to them. "Where were you? I've been looking everywhere for you." He said.

"Señora Alma gave me something to do." Y/n answered. "What is it?" She asked.

"Um-" He looked at Camilo. "I'll talk about it later. I'll see you later." He walked away.

Y/n was worried. Is there something wrong?

"Uh- I have to go." She said, "Goodluck with your jokes by the way." She pats him on the shoulders, walking away. Camilo stared at her while she walked away.

Y/n went to Diego. He was in their garden, planting. "What happened? Is there something wrong?" She asked, worried.

"Nothing." He answered. "I was just going to tell you about Mirabel." She punched him on the shoulders. "I thought something bad happened." She said in relief. "So, what is it? Did she like you?"

"Yup. Turns out we have a lot in common." He answered.

"That's great. Keep this up." She replied. "Told you I'm great at this." She winked at him. He rolled his eyes at her.

"So? Camilo?" He asked. "You guys are hanging out alot lately."

"What? Pfft. He just helped me with something earlier." Y/n said.

"Do you remember what your mom always tells you?" he asked, looking at her. "You know, the spell casted on you when you were a baby."

She stopped for a second. She chuckled a bit. "Do you really believe that?"

"Yes. I do." He said. "Do you think your mom would lie to you?" He asked. Y/n got nervous inside. Slowly breathing in and out. She then chuckled. "Well, it's not like I like him."

"I didn't say that you like him." Diego slowly and quietly said, while digging up the soil. She stood up and looked at him with a scowl on her face and walked away. He chuckled.

I don't like him. Who said I liked him??? Pfft I will never like him. Y/n thought while walking home, baffled.

Hey guys! I'm really glad you're reading and enjoying <33

I might take a break cause many things are going on. Been dealing with some stuff. I just want to say thank you so so so much for the love and support. I'll be back ;)

Don't forget to vote :)))