🥀My Love Will Never Die [Angst]🥀

TW (Trigger Warning):
•Hospitals
•Funeral
•Terminal Illness
•Loved ones dying
•Death scene
•Tic Attack
•Being drunk
•Flatlining

This is a very long chapter, 3,000 words, and it's very intense so if you can't handle intense angst please do not read.

----------

I don't want to go. Gods I don't want to go.

Georgia stood in front of the mirror with a hardly ironed pale blue button up. He was supposed to be wearing a white one, but he couldn't help it.

----------

The cheap hotel room was far from silent, even after the reception was over. The two groomsmen, who both sported pale blue button ups with navy blazers- or at least they were supposed to have navy blazers if one didn't leave it in the car and the other didn't leave it at the dance hall. Both states waltzed into their shared hotel room incoherently singing some song that was playing during the reception. The thick southern brawl that usually coated the shorter's voice was replaced by the sweet Haitian accent that made his words feel like a ball dance in itself. At least, that's what Pennsylvania thought whenever he heard Georgia's native accent.

Pennsylvania stumbled over his own feet as he drunkily put his room key and a half drunk bottle of champagne on the table next to the door. Georgia, equally as drunk, stumbled opposite to him and cursed in Creole. The taller laughed.

"I have no idea what you said but your silly sounds sound funny." He chuckled out as he slipped off his dress shoes. The other scoffed.

"I can say the same about your silly sounds." Pennsylvania looked at the other perplexed.

"What do you mean, it's just English."

"My third language dummy." Pennsylvania choked.

"You know THREE?!" Georgia sat down on one of the beds and held his stomach as he bent over in a fit of laughter.

"Oui, je connais trois langues." The northern state stood there with an unchanged expression.

"That's the same silly sounds you just said."

"No, it's not. That was French." Georgia giggled out at his clueless roommate.

"The other thing wasn't French?" His voice cracked at the end, likely from a night of singing and yelling.

"What? No that was Creole!" Pennsylvania put his hands up, in defense.

"I surrender, I surrender!" The two chucked at each other as the surrendering state swung his arm and grabbed the champagne and walked over to sit next to the other on the bed. Once he sat there, he loosened his bowtie. Georgia's bowtie was already taken off and discarded on the ground. They both unbuttoned the top buttons of their button ups. They passed the champagne to each other as they kept making jokes until early into the morning.

They had gotten a room with two beds, but they left the room with an untouched bed, even the complimentary mint was still sitting on its pillow.

----------

Georgia tried to press the wrinkles in the pale blue button up down. He didn't feel like ironing it.

The house felt quiet. It had been quiet for months. Ever sense Pennsylvania had to stay at the hospital. But this time it felt more deafeningly quiet than before. It felt like the air hung heavy. Georgia could hear the wind make the windows creak.

He never even knew the floorboards and windows and doors even creaked to begin with. He assumed so, as the house was a bit old, but he had never heard it in the past.