[5]

"So, do you like him?" Rue asked, excitedly waiting for my answer.

I was sitting on a bed in Rue's room with her and Jules, talking about everything that happened yesterday at the party.

Rue seemed happier than I was about the kiss, just as if she wanted that to happen. She was impatiently listening to me, while Jules put makeup on her face.

For someone who is just met, I cooked Jules quickly. She was friendly and kind, the perfect person that Rue needed next to her. I would be blind if I didn't notice the way Rue was looking at the girl, just as she was in love.

"I am not sure," I answered with a small smile on my face.

I was not telling the truth. I liked the boy. After that night, he occupied my mind. I thought about him 24/7. I just couldn't get him out of my mind.

"Don't lie to me," she said with a smirk poking me in the arm, as calm as possible so Jules could do her makeup. "I can see the way you are smiling."

"Okay, okay I do like him," I said, now laying down on the bed looking at the ceiling.

Before they responded anything I heard a notification on my phone. I opened it to see who it was and it was no one but Ashtray.

ASH

"Hey, Chloe. It's Ashtray. Rue gave me yo number."

"Hey, Ash."

"The carnival is tomorrow, I got to be selling some shit, ya know. Do you want to keep me company?"

"Yeah sure. We'll meet there then."

"See ya."

I closed my phone looking up at Rue who already had her look at me.

"What?" she asked confusedly, looking at me with a questioning look.

"You gave Ashtray my number?" I asked her.

"Yeah, he asked me so I gave him," she answered with a smile.

"What does he say?" Jules asked still concentrating on the makeup.

"He asked me to keep him company at the carnival," I answered.

"You have to go," Jules voiced excitedly. Rue nodded in agreement happily.

"I am gonna help you get ready," Jules said, giving me a look.

"Thank you." I voiced. "Of course, I am going. I don't think Maddy's gonna mind."

"She won't when you tell her the reason you're not going with her," Rue said.

"Oh, I have to tell her. But I have to make sure she doesn't say something to Nate." I stated.

"Why?" Jules asked, looking at Rue.

"My brother and Ashtray more than hate each other," I answered. "My brother would freak out if he found out, he always does."

"Yeah, he's a freak," Rue said confidently.

"I should be mad, but I can't be mad at the truth." I chuckled.

They both laughed at my announcement. While Jules finished Rue's makeup.

When I first saw Ashtray, I immediately found him gorgeous. But I never really thought that I was gonna be falling for him. I wondered if the kiss even meant anything to him. I knew it was not gonna go so easy with my brother's hate for them. He was a drug dealer which might not sound the best but I couldn't care less.

 He was a drug dealer which might not sound the best but I couldn't care less