[6]

"Oh my god!" Maddy yelled, making me jump a little.

"Yeah!" I returned.

"You kissed a drug dealer, Chloe!" She said dramatically, as I told her I committed a crime.

"Yeah and? He's not just a drug dealer he is a person and he is very nice." I voiced.

"Doesn't change the fact that he is a drug dealer." She muttered.

"Ugh. You are acting like a mom." I gave her a confused look. "Doesn't seem like you at all."

"I know right." She said.

We talked like that walking around the carnival. It was crowded and loud.

"Wanna go get a drink?" She asked, pointing at the closest stand with drinks.

"Yeah, I am thirsty," I answered.

"Okay, let's go." She voiced, as we walked towards a big stand.

"Can I get two bottles of cold beer?" Maddy asked the woman selling at the stand.

"Here you go." The woman spoke handing us the two glass bottles of beer. "2,84$."

Maddy gave her the money and we thanked them before walking away.

We walked a long time admiring the rides which we weren't interested in.

"Are you having fun?" She asked, clearly bored as she held her head in her hands.

"Nah," I answered, resting my head on the wooden bench we were sitting on.

"Me either." She sighed.

"Then I guess it's a fantastic time to tell you that I see Nate." I voiced with a smile.

"Where?" She asked excitedly.

"Over there," I answered, pointing at my family's stand.

The chili contest, that my dad wins every year. It was like a family thing, but this year, I managed to skip and have fun.

"What's on your mind?" I asked as I saw Maddy's mean smile.

"I have an idea, follow me." She said as she got up from the bench before I managed to say anything.

I sighed. Before standing up to follow her to my dad's stand.

When my brother saw Maddy he hurried toward us. "What are you doing here?"

"I am having fun, duh," I answered.

"Not you, her." He said, pointing at Maddy.

My parents didn't like Maddy at all. They never supported Nate's relationship or my friendship with her. But there's nothing they could do about it. That's why Nate didn't want to see Maddy any close to our stand.

"I just came here for some chili." She answered giving me a smirk.

I returned a smirk. Knowing Maddy this isn't going to end well.

"No, no, no. Dressed like that, totally no." Nate said, pointing at her outfit.

"What's wrong with my outfit?" She asked, giving him a confused look even though she knew what he was talking about.

"My parents hate you enough, Maddy!" He yelled. "Just turn around, and stay the fuck away from them."

He turned around and went through the crowd back to the standstill watching us from the corner.

I saw Maddy's face, I already knew what was going to happen.

"Let's go, Maddy." I tried to calm down the situation by pulling her hand.

"No, Chloe." That is all she said before rushing towards our stand.

I checked the time to see that I was already ten minutes late to meet with Ashtray. I hurried not wanting to see what was going to happen.

I saw 2 notifications from Ashtray and one missed call. I quickly opened them to see.

Ashtray
Hey, Chloe.
Where are you??

Me
I am coming. Sorry.

Ashtray
Ok. I am waiting at the stand.

 I am waiting at the stand