frightening 1

Experiment 1

The aim is to study of by subject through trial and error.

Theoretical background :

Apparatus
- t shaped maze with 14 blind alleys
- blind fold
- partition block
- stylus
- stopwatch
- stationary A4 size paper and pencil

Experimental design (future tense) :

- the present experiment aims to study learning through an instrument called a maze.
- before starting the experiment, the apparatus will be checked properly and kept on the table. Once this is done the subject will be called into the laboratory and rapport will be established. After which proper and correct instructions regarding the experiment will be given to the subject.

The subject will then be blindfolded and a stylus will be given to their preferred hand through the upper portion. The stylus will then be placed on the starting point (S) and after the experimentor says "start", the stopwatch will record the time taken by the subject to chase the maze. When the subject will reach the goal point from the starting point, it'll be counted as one trial. During this time, the errors will be noted alongwith general observations of the subject. As soon as the subject reaches the goal point, she'll be instructed to "stop". The time taken will then be recorded in the data sheet by the experimenter.

In this manner, the experiment will continue until the subject has obtained 3 consequetive errorless trials, or a maximum of 20 trials. After the conduction, the maze will be turned upside down again and the blindfold will be removed from the subject.

Lastly, the subject will be asked to draw a cognitive map on a plain sheet of paper.

Variables :
1. Independent variable :
Is learning to chase the maze

2. Dependent variable ;
Time taken and errors made

3. Controlled variables
- blindfolded
- board outline
- upside down board
- environment should be peaceful
- no non verbal or verbal cues given to subject

Result table :

Instructions :

“Today we're going to conduct an interesting experiment, I'll present a maze in front of you where you'll have to chase the path of maze from the starting point to the goal point using a stylus.

You'll face correct and incorrect   ”

Procedure (past tense) :

Introspective report  (first person pov) :

Graph paper (minimum 3) :

<incomplete> <anxiety express chug chug>