Kabanata 40

Kabanata 40

His

I WAS definitely nervous by the time Ixze informed me about my current situation with my kids. We were in the wrong car with the wrong person to fetch us. She was in panic and I did not start any action yet. I should tell the old man driver to stop the car, but I did not. I was stunned on my seat.

My baby Praise continued to move her little arms in a hostile manner. She was so noisy with those sounds she created with her little mouth.

Inserting my phone back in my jeans' pocket after hanging up from the call, I inhaled to calm myself. I moved my head to look at my side where my son, Luzon, was showing his remarkable sangfroid to me. He was also showing it to the old man driver that was kept on glancing at us through the rear view mirror of this high-end car.

"Pull over," utos ko sa matandang driver gamit ang seryoso ngunit mahinahon kong boses.

"Momma, just relax po-"

"Zon baby, I have no time for playing, okay? We have to get out of this car," sabi ko sa anak ko habang mahigpit kong hawak si baby Praise na ngayon ay parang nararamdaman yata kung ano ang nararamdaman ko. Hindi mapakali. "Oh my God. Sh, baby, it's okay. Momma's here," I hushed my baby Praise after scolding her cool kuya.

"But Momma-"

"We've arrived, madame."

I cursed in my mind as the car halted. I looked outside through the dark tinted windows of the car. Trying to inspect the place where the old man driver brought us.

The car stopped right in front of a lone, high and made in thick glass dark building. Walang ibang building ang nakatayo sa tabi nito.

It was unfamiliar. I had never been in this place before, nor Lazarus did not brought us here years ago.

"Nasaan tayo?" asik ko sa matandang driver nang biglang bumukas ang pinto sa tabi ko.

Someone from outside of the car opened the door for me, for us.

Si baby Praise naman ay patuloy lang sa pagwawala nang binuhat ko na siya mula sa pagkakaupo sa hita ko at lumabas ng mamahaling kotse. I tried to calm her down but she would not. Mukhang natatakot siya.

Luzon frowned at Praise when he got out of the car. The shades remained covering his eyes, inasmuch as I could tell that he didn't remove it the time he wore it on at Singapore Changi Airport.

"You're in 'his' place. A company, ma'am," sagot ng lalaking nakasuot ng black suit na siyang nagbukas ng pinto ng mamahaling kotse.

"'His' place?" I echoed, confused and pixilated by the sight of the extravagant lone building.

Sumulyap lang ako sa lalaki at ibinalik ko rin agad ang tingin sa malaki at matayog na building sa harap namin.

The far side of the road were buildings and buildings that was very close to each other, but unlike the location of this gallant lone building in front me. It seemed like it was purposely built here to isolate it. The corner of the building was very clear. A cemented road for some employee and employers' cars, plus other vehicles to park at the wide lot behind the building. I could clearly see some cars headed to that direction. Sure, behind was a parking lot.

What kind of company was this? The guy didn't really answer specifically.

Mas lalong hindi mapakali si baby Praise nang iginiya kami ng lalaki papasok sa loob ng magarang building. Hindi ko alam kung ano'ng klaseng kompanya ito.

Hindi ko nabasa ang pangalan ng kompanya na entrance ng gusali. Abala ako sa paglilibot ng paningin ko sa buong paligid dahil baka ay may makita akong kakilala o kahit sino'ng pamilyar na tao.