Wakas

Wakas

WHITE walls and ceilings. Cacophony of screams and the smell of medicines were swirling in the air of the mental hospital.

I followed close to the nurse. She was going to accompany me to a room to visit someone.

I wanted to visit her. She. She was the reason why all of those bad and painful things happened to me. She was also the reason why I was where I was.

Kiana told me last week about her conditions and informed me everything that she knew. Including the location and name of the mental hospital where Sammantha's mental health was safely monitored.

Gusto ko siyang makaharap ngayon dahil mamayang hapon ay aalis na kami ni Lazarus at ng mga anak ko papuntang Compostela Valley. Sa hacienda ng kaniyang Grandpa.

I left the three in our house. I ordered them to pack our things and told Lazarus my whereabouts. As a Cavanaugh as he was, he insisted to come with me but I rejected his offer.

Baka ano pa'ng gawin ni Sammantha kapag nakita niya ang nakakabaliw na pagmumukha ni Lazarus. I doubted that she forgot about him. Si Lazarus nga ang dahilan kung bakit siya nabaliw kaya paano'ng makakalimutan niya si Lazarus?

Kanina, bago ako pumunta rito ay dumaan muna ako sa opisina ni Lazarus at may inasikaso. I was wearing my office attire and had no time to change my clothes.

Sammantha. She was the reason why I got pregnant at an early age. Why my Zon baby was hidden from Lazarus' family for years. Naiintindihan ko naman si Lazarus kung bakit palihim siyang kumayod sa pagtatrabaho at itinago kami ni Zon mula sa pamilya niya. Alam ko rin naman ang dahilan kung bakit pinagtabuyan niya ako noon.

He didn't want to cause more pain to me and Zon. Lazarus' greatest enemy was his own father. He chose to stay away from us, for his father had kept an eye on his every move before. Also, he wanted to fix himself. Heal himself.

'We' happened in the worst circumstances.

As I walked my way through a corridor, I did not look at the steel doors of the corridor. I just couldn't bear to see someone, suffering from their mental health and screaming at the top of their lungs.

"She's in this room, ma'am," sabi ng nurse na sinusundan ko at itinuro ang isang bakal na pinto. The door was painted with pastel blue colour.

There was a square shaped and head sized window of the door where I could take a look of who's inside. It was lined up with steel bars to prevent someone from the inside to reach out its hand outside.

Marahan kong itinapat ang mukha ko sa square shaped na butas na may nakaharang na small steel bars ng bakal na pinto upang tumingin sa loob.

Isang babaeng nakasuot ng kulay puting hospital dress ang nakahandusay sa sahig. Magulo ang kaniyang buhok at may iilang bakas ng kalmot ang braso. She looked dead because she was not moving. Pero ilang segundo lang ang nakalipas nang bigla siyang humalakhak.

"Mahal na mahal kita, Laz," she mumbled, same soft and gentle voice that I heard from her years ago. "Nandito lang ako. Don't mind that Francesca. She's didn't know what she had 'til she realized that you're—no. No. No, Lazarus. Don't leave me. Ginawa ko naman ang lahat ng gusto mo."

I saw tears glistening in the corner of her eyes. Even though I couldn't see the full view of her face, but I could manage to see it side view.

"You wanted sex, right? 'Yon naman ang habol ng mga lalaki sa mga babae, 'di ba?" Tumawa siya kahit na tumutulo ang luha mula sa kaniyang mga mata. "Mahal mo naman ako, 'di ba? 'Di ba? Sabihin mo, mahal mo ako."