Chapter 6: Having a little Visit

The birds chirp across the window of First Year students of Class 1-4.

My classmates chatter in their circles, like the usual everyday group of friends they have.

One of the few laugh hysterically, the Otaku nerds fiddled with their phones, a bunch of close friends took selfies with their selfie stick, and a few study maniacs continued to write whatever they were supposed to learn from yesterday's topics.

"YOOOOOO! An SSR! Oh my god, I got her! WOOOOH!"

"You were guaranteed to get that after your eighty-fifth roll. Stop acting like you don't know it,"

"Who cares! I got her anyway! She's going to be a fine addition to my collection," he licked his lips then grinned right after his statement.

"Eww... Gross, who's going to hang out with them anyway?"

The delinquent girls grouped up together in the corner watched cautiously as if they were trying to find out who the culprit did them dirty ever since 'that' incident.

It looked like regular everyday talks... However, something is strange in this class. I looked around, observing every nook and cranny. There is something really off.

As I looked to my left, the usual place where Hinagi is seated. She looked... lonely...

She watched everyone as they continued to talk to their buddies while she embarrassingly felt like she's been left out. No one has been talking to her.

Ah right... I looked to my far left, and the chair on the corner looked lonely as well. It's as if the main character isn't there. Oh wait, Yoichi isn't here!

Oh my goodness... Did the gods finally remove the thing that is supposed to progress the plot? Totally!

She looks to my right with concern, and she wants to speak up.

I take out my mint-flavored candy wrapper and push the thing out to my other hand. I tossed it up and caught it with my mouth, then savored the cold, fresh minty taste surrounding my cheeks.

Turning to my left, Hinagi held her arms close to her chest like a typical cat girl from a niche anime, and she looked like she wanted to speak up.

"Why are you looking at me like that? You want candy as well?"

She nodded, then I reached my arm out to her and passed her the candy wrapper I got from my pocket.

She grabbed the wrapper and unfolded the wrapper, but to her surprise, there is no candy.

She puffed her cheeks and threw the candy wraps to my face.

"Hey, no littering!"

"You gave me the wraps with no candy!"

"Hahahaha, I'm just messing with you. Here," I giggled a bit then gave her another candy wrapper this time, it's unopened.

She unfolded the thing and placed the minty candy in her mouth.

"I...It's... pungent, and spicy, and cold at the same time,"

"You can remove the taste of mint by drinking cold water," I sneered.

She did not hesitate to grab her water bottle and drank a few volumes of it, only to see her spit the water out like a water hose watering a dry grassy field.

"Uweh... It's sooo cold!"

I laughed as I watched the female lead experience the frozen caves of the northern lands in her mouth. Wait. That sounds wrong.