Chapter 7 - A Movie Hangout!

RIIING!!!

Chairs creak, and bags are ruffled. Muffled voices bid goodbye to the last teacher before class dismissed.

"Hey. You free later?"

"Wanna go to the karaoke?"

"Tomorrow's Saturday. You down to play in the arcade?"

"Sorry, I have homework to do,"

The voices of the class students chat as they pack their things, and a few leave the class.

My consciousness has awakened, and I look around in confusion. A bit of drool, and my eyes adjust to my surroundings.

Where the fuck...

Oh...

Right... Class is done...

I haven't slept properly today. I just pulled an all-nighter, and I almost had a promotion in my game... If only I had enough time.

I look to the left, though confused. My eyes try to adjust to this person beside me.

My vision was still blurry, and I couldn't tell what I was looking at.

The somewhat slim figure in a blurry silhouette quite resembles something, and it moves its arm across from left to right in a repeated motion.

As my eyes adjust and my ears stop being muffled, I see this short, pink-haired girl waving at someone in my direction...

I can't say it's me. Probably someone beside me...

I shake my head and look beside me.

...

There was no one but other students passing by the hallway.

Maybe it's just Yoichi, whom she bid goodbye to before she probably packed her things.

I look back and...

"Haruto, can you hear me? Hello...?" She waves in front of my face as if trying to get my attention.

"W-wah? Aika?"

"Didn't you hear me? Yoichi's waiting outside with Misaki-san."

"Oh... Well, go on ahead. I don't know why you're calling me. I just wanna sleep..."

I lay my head back in my arms...

...

It's so quiet and peaceful that I can hear the cold air breezing through the air-conditioning unit in the classroom.

At this point, I'd rather sleep than go home right now. I'll wake up when it's dark anyway.

...

BUGOOM!

"Hey! What the hell!"

I felt the force of something push against me, resulting in the collision of my chair and the other empty chair on the right side.

"Let's goooo! Get uuuupp~!" Aika pushed my shoulders with force to actually startle me after that loud collision.

"F-fine... Fine!!! Why are you acting so aggressive...?" I responded as I fixed my chair and irritatingly scratched my head.

"Haruto isn't even responding to me! You're acting as if we're not even friends,"

"Friends..?"

Since when?

"Ohh... Don't act dumb. Just get up!"

As we left the classroom, I saw an eyesore in the distance just beside the school lockers. Well, it's obviously him and Hinagi.