1

It was the first day of my sophomore year. I was getting ready for school when my dad knocked on my door,

"liana you're going to be late, now hurry up if you want a ride to school."

My dad and I are very close and we have been ever since I was little. I love him a lot and I know he loves me more than anything.

"Thanks dad but don't worry, Moon is gonna pick me up!"

I yelled out to him while rushing to pick out an outfit.

I decided on a cardigan with a black mini skirt. I love fashion and putting together outfits, I thrift all my clothes since we don't have much money.

I ran out of the house with my iced coffee that I made in under a minute and said goodbye to my dad

When moon saw me she honked the horn of her car , " wowww liana you look amazing girl!"

I met moon in middle school and ever since then we've been best friends. We mesh perfectly together because she is too sweet and I am too tough, we even each other out. Our friend group is me, yas, moon, and sam, who we just met last year. I'm not rich like the rest of them but it has never been a topic of discussion, we usually will just hangout at one of their houses since my apartment is the smallest. ~

"Shut up Moon, you look stunning!" I said while getting into the car and giving her a hug.

"Are you ready for our first day as sophomores?"

"Ready as I'll ever be, let's go."

~~~~

My first two periods went by quickly and it was finally lunch, me and my girls were sitting at our table when yas started,

"you see that guy over there that looks like he went down on a lawnmower, he is literally wearing the ugliest sweater I've ever seen", she said rudely.

Yasmine acts like a badass but she is really just a bitch, I always have to put her in her place.

"Shut up yasmine like you aren't wearing the ugliest shoes to ever walk these school grounds" I scoffed.

She got all quiet, she tries to hide it but she is very scared of me.

"Besides- I continued- I think his sweater is actually cute". I genuinely did think it was cute. Moon and sam agreed with me by nodding their heads.

I looked back at the guy wearing the sweater and noticed him staring at me, I was used to all the guys at school staring at me so it was nothing new.

When we locked eyes he quickly looked away and covered his lip, even though he was a nerd, he was actually pretty cute.

~~~~

When I got home from school I saw my dad taking to some kid outside our apartment who looked my age. he looked really familiar and I remembered that he was sitting next to the boy in the sweater from lunch.

I walked straight up to my dad, "hey dad! who's this?" I said looking at the boy.

"Hi I'm miguel, I just moved into the apartment across from you and your dad, it's nice to meet you" he said enthusiastically.

"It's nice to meet you too, I'm liana grace. So what we're you guys talking about?" I turned to my dad.

"Well... I opened up a dojo and Miguel is my first student. I wanted to know if you maybe want to join, I know you have your friends and everything now but I could really use a student like you kiddo" he said.

My dad had been teaching me karate my whole life and I love it. I had always begged him to open a dojo. I hadn't been that interested in it recently because I've been focused on my friends so I understand why I wasn't his first student I guess.

" omg! Yeah obviously I want to join you know how much I love karate dad. What's the dojo called?"

He and miguel answered in synch

"Cobra Kai."